• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Phillip Danault

WWJD

Link:

--

We lose some offense but he is very tough to play against and one of the better 2 way guys in the league.

Just don't trade Strome for a bag of chips like you did Buch please. And don't swing to pendulum too far the other way sacrificing offense for toughness either....

• Like 1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idk how much asking price is but this is a guy I am all over for anything close to 4-5.5 per. This is a lights out minutes eater who plays a game that is very hard to find in a center. If he’s not a selke nominee next couple seasons I’d be surprised.

To me he is the long term strome replacement if he can be had for a nice price

More than that. He's probably getting $6–6.5 million on a long-term deal. He turned down six-years, $30 million ($5M AAV) already. He's not signing anywhere else for less than he could have had with the Habs.

Especially when we know that Strome works with our best winger, and we just pissed off our best winger by trading his friend and countryman.

I mean that’s not real. This is pro hockey. People get moved.

But Danault is a 40 point player and Strome is a 60-70 point player. Tell me why you pay more for the lesser value?

This would be the exact fear I had in the rangers going “all in on grit” and just straight up getting worse players.

I mean that’s not real. This is pro hockey. People get moved.

But Danault is a 40 point player and Strome is a 60-70 point player. Tell me why you pay more for the lesser value?

This would be the exact fear I had in the rangers going “all in on grit” and just straight up getting worse players.

Lesser points. Better everything else.

I thought I started this thread a month ago. Must be in the homowhatever thread..

Before the playoffs (or early in the first rounds), I thought he'd be an option. But seeing him pretty much get top line minutes, throughout the playoffs. I have a feeling he got an inflated ego. I'd think he considers himself as a top line player. If he's walking away from Montreal, where he can get all the icetime in the world and kinda be THE guy, he must want bigger money. Probably around 6.5-7 X 7.. I'd love him in the 6 range in the role mentioned above as a flip flop guy for thev2C and 3C spot. But if Goodrow is the 3C....

Weird take on Habs. Buy super low on Drouin? Or is he officially a bust/asshole?

Wasn’t this disproven when Panarin took a leave of absence? Zibanejad was nowhere to be seen and Strome stepped up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little things like "logic" and "evidence" never silence the haters.

Ryan Strome is about #25 on the list of things wrong with the Rangers. His contract situation gives pause for sure, but from a performance and fit perspective it's hard to argue his value, Sometimes I have no idea what the hell some of you guys expect- I guess every 2C needs to be like Leon Draisaitl?

Ryan Strome is about #25 on the list of things wrong with the Rangers. His contract situation gives pause for sure, but from a performance and fit perspective it's hard to argue his value, Sometimes I have no idea what the hell some of you guys expect- I guess every 2C needs to be like Leon Draisaitl?
Simple... a fully rounded complete player who can pass, shoot, hit, win faceoffs, play defense, with no holes in his game who's perpetually aged between 23 and 27, and who will never want more than $4M-$5M.

And these players are very easy to get, of course. Which is why every team has this exact player at 2C.

Simple... a fully rounded complete player who can pass, shoot, hit, win faceoffs, play defense, with no holes in his game who's perpetually aged between 23 and 27, and who will never want more than $4M-$5M.

And these players are very easy to get, of course. Which is why every team has this exact player at 2C.

I don't think anyone has said anything close to that. You get so defensive with Strome lol.

Its just that with a "soft, skill-only 1C" making 9-10m its not a good fit having a 2C thats also extremely "soft and skill-only" making ~6m.

Besides having chemistry with Panarin (and yes, I know he played ~10 games without Panarin) what does he bring to the table? He's not good defensively, he dont PK, he's not good at faceoffs. Its a lot to pay 6m just because "he puts up points and has chemistry with our star". Panarin's worst season in the NHL was 31g, 74p in 82 games. He will be just fine without Strome.