• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ryan Getzlaf

He obviously is no where near what he once was. But, he can still contribute. Still has size, and is good in the face off circle, which is still a huge area of concern that gets next to no attention. Brings leadership, would be a good voice in the locker room.

In the event the Rangers maybe deal Strome and give Chytil a try at 2C, Getzlaf can slide in nicely as a 3C. He obviously likely isn’t looking for anything super long term given his age (I’m thinking maybe 2 years) and given where he is at in his career, not likely to be a cap-breaker. I think there is a chance he can play a role on this team at this stage of his career if the dollars are right. It makes more sense to have him as a 3C than either Chytil or Strome, and our dilemma right now is that one of the 2 currently are slated for 3C duty. I think Getzlaf is more suited to fill that role.

Lafreniere-Zibanejad-Kakko

Panarin-Chytil-Kravtsov

Kreider-Getzlaf-Goodrow

Barron-Rooney-Blais

Thoughts?

He obviously is no where near what he once was. But, he can still contribute. Still has size, and is good in the face off circle, which is still a huge area of concern that gets next to no attention. Brings leadership, would be a good voice in the locker room.

In the event the Rangers maybe deal Strome and give Chytil a try at 2C, Getzlaf can slide in nicely as a 3C. He obviously likely isn’t looking for anything super long term given his age (I’m thinking maybe 2 years) and given where he is at in his career, not likely to be a cap-breaker. I think there is a chance he can play a role on this team at this stage of his career if the dollars are right. It makes more sense to have him as a 3C than either Chytil or Strome, and our dilemma right now is that one of the 2 currently are slated for 3C duty. I think Getzlaf is more suited to fill that role.

Lafreniere-Zibanejad-Kakko

Panarin-Chytil-Kravtsov

Kreider-Getzlaf-Goodrow

Barron-Rooney-Blais

Thoughts?

I've been asking for Getzlaf for a while, Richie...I didn't think we could pry him from the west coast though...I think he'd be a good 3C for a couple of seasons.