• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Sign Barclay Goodrow to 6-Year/$21.6M Extension; $3.6M AAV

Phil

LOL. You're not being censored. You're being met with criticism for coming in here like a house on fire. Apparently, you came to this message board to join an echo chamber that doesn't actually exist here.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m not upset at anybody talking about this topic. You don’t like my hyperbole, but I was met with an analogy about a car and brakes and responded with one about a car crashing. I’m entitled to my opinion. I don’t need to be censored if I’m not insulting anybody. You didn’t like what I had to say so you responded by bringing up stuff from 10 years ago. I don’t need to come to a hockey message board for that, I can get it from my wife lol. Enjoy free agency.
You know who doesn't think Goodrow is a fourth liner? Cooper. And he won two cups by putting him on the third line.

You're judging Drury who's been in the job for 5 minutes because he doesn't make the moves that you want him to make, not because his moves haven't panned out.

So Drury, who has been highly sought after for quite some time by many teams, is incompetent for making moves that you don't agree with... Pardon us if we trust his judgment a little more than yours.

If you want to come here and say you don't like the moves and say why, go for it.. to come in here and say people are incompetent, not in hindsight but in fantasized foresight, is mind-boggling.

The thing with you has always been that it's not the information you bring, it's the way you frame it. You once said the player in the NHL most similar to Chris Kreider was Alex Ovechkin. But only because they were both big and fast, without even considering the Grand Canyon sized gap in actual talent between them. That would be the equivalent of saying Anisimov comparable is Datsyuk because they're Russian centers.

You want to throw these hot takes out there, don't get upset when people come after it.

My only issue with the contract is the term. I like the player but I do feel like there are players out there that can play his role without tying up 6 years of contract. That is nit picking at this point. I liked others better but they obviously targeted Goodrow, traded for him and than signed him. As far as a front office move goes they were decisive and aggressive based upon their feelings about a player. I like that even if I don't like the actual contract. All in all I think it actually is a good sign that Drury has a plan and he will aggressively try to implement it. Time will tell if he's right.

You know who doesn't think Goodrow is a fourth liner? Cooper. And he won two cups by putting him on the third line.

You're judging Drury who's been in the job for 5 minutes because he doesn't make the moves that you want him to make, not because his moves haven't panned out.

So Drury, who has been highly sought after for quite some time by many teams, is incompetent for making moves that you don't agree with... Pardon us if we trust his judgment a little more than yours.

If you want to come here and say you don't like the moves and say why, go for it.. to come in here and say people are incompetent, not in hindsight but in fantasized foresight, is mind-boggling.

The thing with you has always been that it's not the information you bring, it's the way you frame it. You once said the player in the NHL most similar to Chris Kreider was Alex Ovechkin. But only because they were both big and fast, without even considering the Grand Canyon sized gap in actual talent between them. That would be the equivalent of saying Anisimov comparable is Datsyuk because they're Russian centers.

You want to throw these hot takes out there, don't get upset when people come after it.

Are you drunk right now?

Lmao I don't recall ever comparing Kreider to Ovechkin, that doesn't make much sense because Ovi is not some great skater. Anyway, Kreider was drafted in 2009 so now we're going back 13 years. Okay. I didn't call anyone here incompetent. James Dolan is incompetent, that's fact. Look at the Knicks, look at his history. He never stepped in like this with the Rangers before, but now he has. He fired everyone here and hired Drury. It's not some stretch to believe that was an incompetent decision coming from a proven incompetent owner.

You want to like what Drury does fine. If he does something I like I'll be the first to point it out. He has yet to do that. I hate paying Goodrow. He hits, and scores 20-30 points and doesn't even have good metrics or possession numbers. You could literally just tell Gauthier or Barron to hit a lot more and have them do the same. If the underlying numbers were good for Goodrow I would get it, but they aren't.

So far I think everything Drury has done is worthless, but the fact that he may actually be pursuing Eichel is the icing on the cake. $10 mil a year for a guy with a damaged spine and giving up multiple valuable assets to get him? There shouldn't be a GM in the league pursuing that. He seems to be just like every other good ol boys club GM in the league. I was hoping for somebody with a different approach. Somebody who used their brains. So far I haven't seen anything outside the box from him. Hopefully that changes over the next few days but if Eichel comes here I think all hope is lost for this franchise for the foreseeable future, not just because of that decision, but because of the type of future decisions that will likely come with that type of leadership at the helm.

And if you took an MIT grad that had never seen a game of hockey in his or her life he or she could have done a far better job to this point with the Seattle franchise than Ron Francis has done. It's been a travesty thus far, yet he was a good choice for GM. There's a whole world of people out there with superior intellect and we're choosing hockey players. It's comical. If you think these guys are the best choices then okay. I'm gonna go watch Moneyball.

Lmao I don't recall ever comparing Kreider to Ovechkin, that doesn't make much sense because Ovi is not some great skater. Anyway, Kreider was drafted in 2009 so now we're going back 13 years. Okay. I didn't call anyone here incompetent. James Dolan is incompetent, that's fact. Look at the Knicks, look at his history. He never stepped in like this with the Rangers before, but now he has. He fired everyone here and hired Drury. It's not some stretch to believe that was an incompetent decision coming from a proven incompetent owner.
I don't care how old the takes are, they're not getting better because the train of logic is always flawed.

Ovechkin big and fast, Kreider big and fast, therefore they are comparable.

Dolan incompetent, fired people and I don't agree, therefore new people are incompetent.

You want to like what Drury does fine. If he does something I like I'll be the first to point it out. He has yet to do that. I hate paying Goodrow. He hits, and scores 20-30 points and doesn't even have good metrics or possession numbers.

I agree with some moves and don't agree with others. Too early to tell. Keep an open mind lest ye hot takes show up as receipts later on.

You could literally just tell Gauthier or Barron to hit a lot more and have them do the same. If the underlying numbers were good for Goodrow I would get it, but they aren't.

Of course, why didn't anyone think of that before? Just tell them to hit more. Also let's just tell other players to shoot more. Should be fine...oh, wait...

So far I think everything Drury has done is worthless, but the fact that he may actually be pursuing Eichel is the icing on the cake. $10 mil a year for a guy with a damaged spine and giving up multiple valuable assets to get him? There shouldn't be a GM in the league pursuing that. He seems to be just like every other good ol boys club GM in the league. I was hoping for somebody with a different approach. Somebody who used their brains. So far I haven't seen anything outside the box from him. Hopefully that changes over the next few days but if Eichel comes here I think all hope is lost for this franchise for the foreseeable future, not just because of that decision, but because of the type of future decisions that will likely come with that type of leadership at the helm.

"Outside the box" ≠ better, "inside the box"≠ he's not using his brain.

And if you took an MIT grad that had never seen a game of hockey in his or her life he or she could have done a far better job to this point with the Seattle franchise than Ron Francis has done. It's been a travesty thus far, yet he was a good choice for GM. There's a whole world of people out there with superior intellect and we're choosing hockey players. It's comical. If you think these guys are the best choices then okay. I'm gonna go watch Moneyball.

Parros and Westgarth went to Princeton. Killorn went to Harvard. Steve Jobs didn't go to college.

To equate level of education with intelligence is off base. So is assuming hockey players aren't intelligent.

Where do you get this stuff from? The logic is always flawed, regardless of the conclusion.

A week after landing Erixon, this was a real conversation we had.

You: "Erixon has the hardest shot of all the D"

Me: "How can you say that?"

You: "I read he has a hard shot, none of our D have hard shots, so he's got the hardest one."

This is the chain of thought that was flawed then, and this type of thinking is still flawed today.

Not sure how being a former player means you're not smart or precludes you from being a good GM, but do you, homie.

• Like 1

Parros and Westgarth went to Princeton. Killorn went to Harvard. Steve Jobs didn't go to college.

Lets be honest, these guys didnt go to Ivy League schools because of their academic accomplishments.

Steve Jobs did go to college, he dropped out. He was a weirdo

Lets be honest, these guys didnt go to Ivy League schools because of their academic accomplishments.

Yea you're right l...they were star players who went to hockey hotbeds like Princeton ... Rather than ... Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan. Good call there.

Yeah, I mean, Harvard's wildly successful in NCAA sports because it offers scholarships to the best athletes regardless of academic performance.

I love how people think it's completely impossible to be both good at sports and academically rigorous as if it's a choice and you can't ever be both.