• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Sign Barclay Goodrow to 6-Year/$21.6M Extension; $3.6M AAV

Phil

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and as far as the brakes on the car analogy. I believe we think we have places to go, but our brake guy rushed the job and they are gonna fail and our car is going to hit a brick wall.

With a top 6 of:

Laf - Zib - Kakko

Panarin - Strome (for now) - Kravtsov

They're still going to score plenty of goals.

Why is a 3rd line of a combination of Kreider - Goodrow - Chytil/Gauthier (for now) going to make them fail?

Coming from the guy who thought Tim Erixon was the next big thing, could you possibly hyperbole harder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lol that was like 10 years ago and I made a car analogy just like the one that was directed at my opinion. I'm entitled to my opinion. I don't think Drury is qualified for the job and I believe overall in sports if you are higher ex-players as general managers then you are not hiring the most qualified candidates and you are not going to get the best results. There are people out there with incredible minds that could lap circles around the other paste easting GM's in the league and most teams lazily go with some ex player to run things. No shock we did the same considering who is making the choices.

With a top 6 of:

Laf - Zib - Kakko

Panarin - Strome (for now) - Kravtsov

They're still going to score plenty of goals.

Why is a 3rd line of a combination of Kreider - Goodrow - Chytil/Gauthier (for now) going to make them fail?

Guy just complains. Everything the Rangers do is a problem.

Lol that was like 10 years ago and I made a car analogy just like the one that was directed at my opinion. I'm entitled to my opinion. I don't think Drury is qualified for the job and I believe overall in sports if you are higher ex-players as general managers then you are not hiring the most qualified candidates and you are not going to get the best results. There are people out there with incredible minds that could lap circles around the other paste easting GM's in the league and most teams lazily go with some ex player to run things. No shock we did the same considering who is making the choices.

This is faulty logic. For as many Julien Brisebois out there you have John Chaykas. Thinking that former players are just idiots is just a really bad approach. These are guys who are around the game and know the game. Drury can't be smart because he isn't someone with a bunch of degrees from outside the game? Seriously? There are plenty of smart hockey players. Drury has been a sought-after candidate for a number of years now. Hockey minds are capable of being faulty but there's a reason why they're in their position and you're here posting on a message board.

You sure are — how's Saarela doing? Ronning? Thomas? Haggerty? Any other AHL scrubs you hitched your wagon to, swearing they were the second coming? What European D-league is Danny Kristo absolutely crushing it in these days?

Point being, you of all people should probably relax on the hyperbole. You don't exactly have the strongest legs to stand on for someone so profoundly wrong so often.

• Like 1

This is pretty shitty, but whatever. Hopefully he's effective for a couple years. I'll root for the player and not hold the contract against him. I'll hold that against Drury, who thus far seems more desperate and incompetent than our previous 2 GM's. He was a disappointment as a player here, so the same should be expected in this role.

What a fucking dreadful series of takes you've produced lately.

• Like 1

You sure are — how's Saarela doing? Ronning? Thomas? Haggerty? Any other AHL scrubs you hitched your wagon to, swearing they were the second coming? What European D-league is Danny Kristo absolutely crushing it in these days?

Point being, you of all people should probably relax on the hyperbole. You don't exactly have the strongest legs to stand on for someone so profoundly wrong so often.

Are we discussing Hartford's inability to develop players?

askin for a friend.

I'm a little worried about the length and term with this. But they needed Goodrow. A big target a lot of us talked about. Let's hope he can come and make an impact for years to come.

At least this offseason there is little worry about the cap.

That was all like 10 years ago when I was way younger and my life revolved around hockey. I've barely said anything or cared about prospect lately since I got a life. I also never said much about any of those guys other than being good picks or good signings with potential. Not every prospect pans out, doesn't mean it was a mistake to bring them in in the first place. If you take that approach you can't succeed.

Also it this Phil or has Pete hacked you? Crap like this is why is stopped bothering so much. I don't agree with what the team is doing currently. Has nothing to do with anything from 5 to 10 years ago haha.

Seattle had their pick of anybody to be GM and chose Ron Francis. Good GM's zig when others zag. They find a different approach or a competitive advantage. Drury is going none of that. He's just doing obvious things that give no competitive advantage. It's probably just Dolan running things.

Money is ok

Term is too long though.

Love the player. Like that they added him.

And while I think if they need to, they’ll be able to move his contract down the road, it’s hard to pay a role player.

The real value found in those guys comes in part from when you’re not paying them much.

But he fills an important void for them.

That was all like 10 years ago when I was way younger and my life revolved around hockey. I've barely said anything or cared about prospect lately since I got a life. I also never said much about any of those guys other than being good picks or good signings with potential. Not every prospect pans out, doesn't mean it was a mistake to bring them in in the first place. If you take that approach you can't succeed.

Also it this Phil or has Pete hacked you? Crap like this is why is stopped bothering so much. I don't agree with what the team is doing currently. Has nothing to do with anything from 5 to 10 years ago haha.

Seattle had their pick of anybody to be GM and chose Ron Francis. Good GM's zig when others zag. They find a different approach or a competitive advantage. Drury is going none of that. He's just doing obvious things that give no competitive advantage. It's probably just Dolan running things.

Wait a minute. Pick a lane. Either you are speaking from an informed and engaged position or you barely care about prospect development any more?

You walked into the room and took a steaming dump in the middle of the carpet and now you're upset that people didn't appreciate it?

No one is out to get you, I just think you went off the reservation with hyperbole and exaggerations to rip the deal when you could have just been reasonable and said "man, six years is a long time, but still gonna cheer for him." We returned the favor. Now you understand why it's wholly unproductive?

All those kids were traded and failed to develop by the acquiring AHL team...

Saarela - failed AHL development by Carolina

Thomas - failed AHL development by Montreal

Haggerty - failed AHL development by Pittsburgh

Thomas and Haggerty were in Hartford

I don't give shit about the term right now. An obvious void has been filled.

Maybe it because I'm getting old, or have to be a skeptic all day at work, but I rarely focus on the "down sides" of stuff like this for my teams (this may also be a byproduct of my teams rarely winning)... Hope springs eternal and until proven a disaster these deals always make me excited.

• Like 1

I don't give shit about the term right now. An obvious void has been filled.

Maybe it because I'm getting old, or have to be a skeptic all day at work, but I rarely focus on the "down sides" of stuff like this for my teams (this may also be a byproduct of my teams rarely winning)... Hope springs eternal and until proven a disaster these deals always make me excited.

Exactly Flynner!! This deal looks like it was VERY WELL conceived; It even takes into account the last 2 years of the deal specifically for falloff or roster flexibility.

We've (a lot of us) have been basically begging for a break from the homogeneity of this roster, pretty much all season, and this guy is a MAJOR cog in getting this machine rolling. Goodrow just fits like a glove, pretty much on every level. He's not here to be a 50 goal scorer or an assist machine. He's a grinder, maybe one of the best in the NHL at the moment. That comes at a cost...Fine! A 7th rounder??? ...and 3.6 beans off the cap?? Fly shit! He's basically taken Brendan Smith's contract spot, only 900K less in my eyes.

Will his grinding style fade over the years? Maybe...probably...but who knows, man. My balls ain't made of crystal, so I have no idea. But he's only 28 yrs old!! If we get 4 solid years out of him, his leadership, experience, toughness and veteran guidance for the kids, this is a TOTAL win! ...on every level in my estimation.

One thing I can say is that after watching Tampa play some grueling series, against some pretty big grueling teams, this IS DEFINITELY a guy I'd wanna go to battle with!!

Now, who's buying? I left my wallet in the office!! :chug:

Edit...Nevermind I found it...I was holding it! God it sucks being senile!! LOL

• Like 1

You walked into the room and took a steaming dump in the middle of the carpet and now you're upset that people didn't appreciate it?

No one is out to get you, I just think you went off the reservation with hyperbole and exaggerations to rip the deal when you could have just been reasonable and said "man, six years is a long time, but still gonna cheer for him." We returned the favor. Now you understand why it's wholly unproductive?

I’m not upset at anybody talking about this topic. You don’t like my hyperbole, but I was met with an analogy about a car and brakes and responded with one about a car crashing. I’m entitled to my opinion. I don’t need to be censored if I’m not insulting anybody. You didn’t like what I had to say so you responded by bringing up stuff from 10 years ago. I don’t need to come to a hockey message board for that, I can get it from my wife lol. Enjoy free agency.