• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Sign Barclay Goodrow to 6-Year/$21.6M Extension; $3.6M AAV

Phil

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is pretty shitty, but whatever. Hopefully he's effective for a couple years. I'll root for the player and not hold the contract against him. I'll hold that against Drury, who thus far seems more desperate and incompetent than our previous 2 GM's. He was a disappointment as a player here, so the same should be expected in this role.

This is pretty shitty, but whatever. Hopefully he's effective for a couple years. I'll root for the player and not hold the contract against him. I'll hold that against Drury, who thus far seems more desperate and incompetent than our previous 2 GM's. He was a disappointment as a player here, so the same should be expected in this role.

Desperate? What did he do to give that impression? Overpay Goodrow by 10%?

So now 3rd liners get 15 team no-trades?

Ok, so let's move on and let the next shoe (bomb) drop.

Highly-sought after players get them, yes. A 15-team list isn't going to stop them from moving on if and when they decide to. The contract is structured to make him much more attractive for years five and six.

Sign him at all rather then developing this type of player considering the other young players we will have to pay. It's a waste of money but whatever, he and Dolan are exhibiting no patience. I'm half sure Drury is just a hand puppet at this point.

If developing a Goodrow were so easy Tampa wouldn't have traded a first for him and the Rangers wouldn't have been one of a number of interested parties in signing him.