• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Lamoriello Looking to Bring Suter, Parise to Islanders

Phil

Gotta give Lou credit. Navigated some tough calls pretty good, was able to flip Leddy and dump Ladd. If they’re able to bring these 2 in (even at this stage of their careers) in addition to getting Lee back, they’ll be primed to make another run next year.

But, as we saw with the Rangers, playing this style and coming up short will eventually wear the threads on your tires very quick.

Hey Uncle Larry....

CAN U READ THIS TOO????

Who was he told by? You, G Man, Pete's and Drew's Posts???? :rofl:

come down. cant get that excited at your age.

this was obvious. Any smart GM would try to get two excellent players on the cheap for another cup run. plus the piles cleared cap room, its a no brainer.

Gotta give Lou credit. Navigated some tough calls pretty good, was able to flip Leddy and dump Ladd. If they’re able to bring these 2 in (even at this stage of their careers) in addition to getting Lee back, they’ll be primed to make another run next year.

But, as we saw with the Rangers, playing this style and coming up short will eventually wear the threads on your tires very quick.

these two are perfect pieces for a cup aspiring team

this was obvious. Any smart GM would try to get two excellent players on the cheap for another cup run. plus the piles cleared cap room, its a no brainer.

Oh, I thought you were gonna say "Any beat writer can scour this forum for good input" ;)

Pretty much this. Can't think of a better fit than NYI for these two.

Pretty much this. Can't think of a better fit than NYI for these two.

I'm not saying it's a bad move, Karan. I just think it's absolutely uncanny how many times we have a thread discussing trade/UFA targets for the Rangers or other teams, and all of a sudden a beat writer pretty much "comes up with this brilliant story".

Amazing, I tell ya!!! :rofl:

I'm not saying it's a bad move, Karan. I just think it's absolutely uncanny how many times we have a thread discussing trade/UFA targets for the Rangers or other teams, and all of a sudden a beat writer pretty much "comes up with this brilliant story".

Amazing, I tell ya!!! :rofl:

has uncle larry ask you on a date yet?

Link:

Four years for a 36 year old? I'll be eagerly waiting to see who gives him that. Especially after the season he had on the scoresheet and the fancy stuff too. Maybe cost will be minimal since he's cashing two checks?

The Isles will do it and won't even flinch. They gave Komarov four years, too, when the entire league was offering two years and the Rangers offered three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Given that this contract has the same term as the remainder of his Wild contract and has slightly more than half the cap hit, I'm surprised that the Wild couldn't deal him with 50% retention.

Too rich for Lou, thank God.