• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kraken to Select Colin Blackwell; NYR to Acquire Mark Giordano in Deal?

LindG1000

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m fine with losing Blackwell. He was never going to resign here after bumping his value significantly. Would have been nice to flip him for something but better to lose a guy you were going to lose after the upcoming season rather than a piece you might have going forward

FWIW, if there are no side deals, I don’t have a clue how they picked this team. Absolutely abysmal job by Ron Francis and that front office. Obviously, they have cap space and the ability to make moves. And I’m sure some will be made moving forward. But, good Lord. They had an opportunity to bring in a few real good difference makers and just opted against it.

FWIW, if there are no side deals, I don’t have a clue how they picked this team. Absolutely abysmal job by Ron Francis and that front office. Obviously, they have cap space and the ability to make moves. And I’m sure some will be made moving forward. But, good Lord. They had an opportunity to bring in a few real good difference makers and just opted against it.

I thought the same, but I wonder just how valuable 3 retained salary spots and 29m in cap space really is given the general lack of cap in the league. Even still....what's the deal you have on the table that you took some of these guys?

I still can't make heads or tails of their decisions with Philly, Columbus, LA, MTL, and I don't know how they managed to draft like 6 RW and 1.5 LW.

And they didn’t draft one identifiable player. Vegas got the ball rolling when it took Fleury. They had their goaltender and face of the franchise; someone to rally around.

Who did Seattle just select that got the fans going wild? I like Gourde, but he isn’t that player.

Unless Prices injury is totally fucking terrible, they should have just picked him.

Their roster is going to be a bottom dweller. They may as well just drafted from the AHL at this point. How do you not pickup Tarasenko and Price to upstart your franchise for a year or two. Both could be deadline flips in a year or two. Im admittedly a keyboard cowboy with no background or know how to draft an expansion team but damn.....I just figured taking a few franchise players would be worthwhile to upstart a team.

Giordano to head the D.

Tarasenko to head the O.

Price to head the crease.

Wow. Seattle Krakheads.

And they didn’t draft one identifiable player. Vegas got the ball rolling when it took Fleury. They had their goaltender and face of the franchise; someone to rally around.

Who did Seattle just select that got the fans going wild? I like Gourde, but he isn’t that player.

Unless Prices injury is totally fucking terrible, they should have just picked him.

Anyone else who watched the broadcast notice, how Ron Francis totally ducked the question when Chris Fowler asked him point blank why they didn't take Price from Montreal?

I don't know if taking Vince Dunn instead of Tarasenko was a bad move. He's a pretty defenseman who could be a star down the line. For as poor a job Seattle did to some here, their defense is pretty good and obviously deep. They have 3 decent goalies and basically 4 3rd lines who will play a heavy game. I don't think they did a bad job and with their cap space they can target whom they want instead of picking through other teams garbage contracts. Price, Voracek, and Tarasenko are bad contracts. Why start off your franchise with bad contracts?

I don't know if taking Vince Dunn instead of Tarasenko was a bad move. He's a pretty defenseman who could be a star down the line. For as poor a job Seattle did to some here, their defense is pretty good and obviously deep. They have 3 decent goalies and basically 4 3rd lines who will play a heavy game. I don't think they did a bad job and with their cap space they can target whom they want instead of picking through other teams garbage contracts. Price, Voracek, and Tarasenko are bad contracts. Why start off your franchise with bad contracts?

I disagree about Voracek & Tarasenko's contracts being bad; while I certainly wouldn't say they were great contracts as Tarasenko is coming off of an injury and Voracek is coming off of a slightly below average season. Both only have 2 seasons remaining and could be easily flipped after this season with a little salary retained if they don't work out.

The real miss on not picking up one or two marquee names here is to give the fans something to be excited. If I am new member of the fan base and I went to that event at Gas Works Park tonight, I would be like the Cleveland fans in the video below.

Their roster is going to be a bottom dweller. They may as well just drafted from the AHL at this point. How do you not pickup Tarasenko and Price to upstart your franchise for a year or two. Both could be deadline flips in a year or two. Im admittedly a keyboard cowboy with no background or know how to draft an expansion team but damn.....I just figured taking a few franchise players would be worthwhile to upstart a team.

Giordano to head the D.

Tarasenko to head the O.

Price to head the crease.

Wow. Seattle Krakheads.

Price I get not picking up. I think you’d have to be insane to take his contract when there are so many other lesser options for less money that really aren’t THAT much of a lesser option. Tarasenko was a case of Dunn just being available and a better pick in the long term I guess. Or it could be argued at least. Either way, there still were other names out there they passed on which I won’t understand if they want to compete in a division that is very weak. That is unless they sign some high valued ufa guys like Landeskog

mickey8rangers

@mickey8rangers

·

38m

#NYR

From all the rumors, Rick Carpinello, Elliott Friedman, others + my source.

Rangers really busy weekend?

To SEA: Hajek, Gauthier + 3rd round pick

To NYR: Giordano(sal retained)

To OTT: Strome + 1st

To NYR: Ott 1st

To BUF: Ott 1st, Buch, Chytil and Jones

To NYR: Eichel.

So according to that it would be Strome + Our original 1st + Buch + Chytil + Jones for Eichel??? That's way too many assets to give up for one player. Drury should be shot if he takes that deal.

So according to that it would be Strome + Our original 1st + Buch + Chytil + Jones for Eichel??? That's way too many assets to give up for one player. Drury should be shot if he takes that deal.

dont take the twitter account serious they put Goodrow at RW in one of their post, better chance he's playing goalie than the RW when hes a LW/C