• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kraken to Select Colin Blackwell; NYR to Acquire Mark Giordano in Deal?

LindG1000

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a mid-first in a very weak draft.

True. It will get traded either way, maybe better for a Tarasenko or part of a deal to move up for a higher pick in the first round to use in a deal for Eichel.

Were having this exact debate in the offseason thread

Oh. On my way! lol

Even if they get Giordano at 50% salary retention, isn't giving up the first a bit of an overpayment still, especially at this stage of his career? I don't know.

No. He's still a tremendous player and leader. He's everything they're looking for minus overt, brute physicality.

This type of move would compare to when they picked up MSL or Shanahan.

No. He's still a tremendous player and leader. He's everything they're looking for minus overt, brute physicality.

This type of move would compare to when they picked up MSL or Shanahan.

Yeah, fair, good comparisons. I wouldn't be too disappointed if they had to give up the first necessarily. It's a perfect fit.

mickey8rangers

@mickey8rangers

·

38m

#NYR

From all the rumors, Rick Carpinello, Elliott Friedman, others + my source.

Rangers really busy weekend?

To SEA: Hajek, Gauthier + 3rd round pick

To NYR: Giordano(sal retained)

To OTT: Strome + 1st

To NYR: Ott 1st

To BUF: Ott 1st, Buch, Chytil and Jones

To NYR: Eichel.

I’m very much for getting Giordano. Checks a lot of boxes for us. I’d love to see if we can get him with some retention, but even if we don’t, this is the final year of his contract. He is by no means washed up; still a very effective player and would be a tremendous add to the blue line.

mickey8rangers

@mickey8rangers

·

38m

#NYR

From all the rumors, Rick Carpinello, Elliott Friedman, others + my source.

Rangers really busy weekend?

To SEA: Hajek, Gauthier + 3rd round pick

To NYR: Giordano(sal retained)

To OTT: Strome + 1st

To NYR: Ott 1st

To BUF: Ott 1st, Buch, Chytil and Jones

To NYR: Eichel.

Please try to share credible sources and not random rumor mongers on Twitter.

I’m very much for getting Giordano. Checks a lot of boxes for us. I’d love to see if we can get him with some retention, but even if we don’t, this is the final year of his contract. He is by no means washed up; still a very effective player and would be a tremendous add to the blue line.

He's also not near done yet. Barring a total collapse/misfit, I could see them keeping him considering they were pretty hard after Chara.

For sure. And obviously his next contract won’t be near what this one was, as it was signed during his peak years.

I can see him, if he has a good season whether it be here or elsewhere, signing his next deal similar to the one we gave Boyle (who obviously was a shell of himself) for 2 years around an AAV of $4 Million.

We should know in the next little bit. Has anyone besides Carp reported on it?

For sure. And obviously his next contract won’t be near what this one was, as it was signed during his peak years.

I can see him, if he has a good season whether it be here or elsewhere, signing his next deal similar to the one we gave Boyle (who obviously was a shell of himself) for 2 years around an AAV of $4 Million.

For a second I thought you were talking about Brian Boyle.. almost had to put you on my ignore list

I don't believe anyone else has reported on the Giordano situation but Carp is pretty reliable

Dan Boyle like, ugh. If I recall that didn't end too well.

Who TF is Mickey8?