• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Welcome to "The Seattle Kraken Select" Narrated by Frank Seravalli

Phil

Seems like a missed opportunity for Seattle, or the rest of the league just wasn't willing to play ball with the exhorbitant prices like they were for Vegas.

Both. Francis said that teams weren’t willing to overpay the way they did with Vegas but he really isn’t in a position where he can only accept fleecing. They have nowhere near the assets that Vegas had. They could’ve at least tried to go for some picks to build up their farm early.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only unknown of this process is how they are going to manage incorporating Kurt Cobain in this whole thing

They'll fire a draft pick out of a shotgun?

No one has. Because he was in the Starbucks bathroom.

Lol my God Shawn Kemp has ate three too many point guards

Here are the finalists for the "Ozzy Quote of the GDT"!! Yes, it's been a while but I was sure there would be a few zingers tonight.

.....And the winner for tonight's contest goes to Keirik for pointing out how Shawn Kemp has now become his own zip code!! :rofl:

• Like 1

Looking at the roster, it's pretty pitiful.

Jarnkrok - Gourde - Eberle

Appleton - McCann - Donskoi

Tanev - Bastian - Blackwell

Twarynski - BLANK - Pitlick

Dunn - Larsson

Giordano - Oleksiak

Soucy - Fluery/Lauzon

Driedger

Vanacek

The forwards are absolutely abysmal. Why not take Johansen or Duchene from Nashville? Take Jake Bean instead of Morgan Geekie from Carolina, then swap Will Borgen for either Zemgus Girgensons or Cody Eakin?

Picking Gavin Bayreuther instead of Max Domi? Could've picked Carey Price from Montreal and gotten a forward from Florida like Vatrano or Wennberg instead of Driedger.

I would've done this completely differently. Mind boggling the direction they went.

Looking at the roster, it's pretty pitiful.

Jarnkrok - Gourde - Eberle

Appleton - McCann - Donskoi

Tanev - Bastian - Blackwell

Twarynski - BLANK - Pitlick

Dunn - Larsson

Giordano - Oleksiak

Soucy - Fluery/Lauzon

Driedger

Vanacek

The forwards are absolutely abysmal. Why not take Johansen or Duchene from Nashville? Take Jake Bean instead of Morgan Geekie from Carolina, then swap Will Borgen for either Zemgus Girgensons or Cody Eakin?

Picking Gavin Bayreuther instead of Max Domi? Could've picked Carey Price from Montreal and gotten a forward from Florida like Vatrano or Wennberg instead of Driedger.

I would've done this completely differently. Mind boggling the direction they went.

I get avoiding Price, Johansen, and Duchene. Massive deals, longer term, extremely questionable talent (or at least in Price's case...I don't want a 33 year old goalie signed to that ticket coming off hip surgery).

I don't understand how they've managed to completely avoid left wings. I do not, for the life of me, understand Twarynski over literally all the other options in Philly (JVR, Voracek, even Ghostbear). I don't get CBJ at all - sure, avoid Domi if you want, but Stenlund or Carlsson make more sense. I don't get MTL aside from wanting to unite the Fleury brothers. I really do not understand LA - Kurtis MacDermid is an objectively terrible hockey player and Blake Lizzotte was right there. Chicago too - they took a UFA they won't sign over Zadorov or DeHann (each of whom has objective value in a flip deal) or Connolly (who isn't awesome, but could slot right in).

I'm expecting most of these decisions had side-deals that will come out in 2 hours or so.

I get avoiding Price, Johansen, and Duchene. Massive deals, longer term, extremely questionable talent (or at least in Price's case...I don't want a 33 year old goalie signed to that ticket coming off hip surgery).

I don't understand how they've managed to completely avoid left wings. I do not, for the life of me, understand Twarynski over literally all the other options in Philly (JVR, Voracek, even Ghostbear). I don't get CBJ at all - sure, avoid Domi if you want, but Stenlund or Carlsson make more sense. I don't get MTL aside from wanting to unite the Fleury brothers. I really do not understand LA - Kurtis MacDermid is an objectively terrible hockey player and Blake Lizzotte was right there. Chicago too - they took a UFA they won't sign over Zadorov or DeHann (each of whom has objective value in a flip deal) or Connolly (who isn't awesome, but could slot right in).

I'm expecting most of these decisions had side-deals that will come out in 2 hours or so.

This expo draft calls for one thing: