• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What Happens Next? (Rep Bet)

Flynn

Things are about to get nutty... to break the monotony- lets get our best guesses on the next move post Kraken draft-

Goodrow is off the board- we will consider that a done deal for the purposes of this exercise.

The poster who correctly predicts the next* move (closest to the actual package wins the respect, adulation, and rep)

for example:

"Rangers acquire Milan Lucic. Calgary receives Kappo Kakko, Pavel Buchnevich, 2021, 2023 1st round picks, and a polaroid of Sathers boner snapped as he consummated this deal "

*will not consider a 2 way deal type of player if there is moving around the deck chairs type of move for Hartford ballast.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers acquire rights to Nick Ritchie for a 4th rd pick

You've been waving that flag for a while, Josh. I would go for that!! :thumbs:

So fuck it...I'm going with my hope:

Rangers acquire Jordan Greenway from the Wild for Chytil, Hajek, and #1 (2021). I know, it's a fucking prayer, but whatever....it's a wild guess! LOL

Kinkaid, #15 to the Kraken for Brenden Dillon (whom they will select from the Caps, foregoing Vanecek) and obviously for the Kraken to take Kinkaid as their selection from us.

My thought is Drury might be looking to poach a player from a rival who we wouldn't normally be able to trade for directly. Dillon fits nicely.

Basically all mocks I've seen have Vanecek being the guy going to the Kraken, but given the Kraken are signing Driedger to a nice contract, I think they can be convinced to go another route.

I’m thinking we’ll be involved in something here shortly. The chatter with Eichel and the Rangers won’t end until he is here or he is elsewhere. While I do believe a deal is there to be made to get him here, I’m not sure if Kevyn Adams is still sniffing glue on his requests or if Eichel is even in a position to play next season. It’s getting late fast for him with this injury.

That being said, Strickland reported there was interest from the Blues in Buchnevich. And with reports now out that Seattle won’t be selecting Tarasenko, I wonder if a deal is there to be made between the 2 teams. Maybe St. Louis retains a little salary, we send over Buchnevich, Chytil and 15 for Tarasenko and Robert Thomas.

• Like 1

Rangers sign a 6th D in UFA or via minor trade. They dont get Eichel or Tarasenko or Tkachuk or anyone else for the top 6. They re-sign Buch. Draft at 15. and pick up an extra gritty forward who everyone says "Who?" but ends up being a fan favorite by the end of the season,

Rangers sign a 6th D in UFA or via minor trade. They dont get Eichel or Tarasenko or Tkachuk or anyone else for the top 6. They re-sign Buch. Draft at 15. and pick up an extra gritty forward who everyone says "Who?" but ends up being a fan favorite by the end of the season,

Booorrriiing, but probably what happens lol

I would be very happy with this, Nashty!!

I would be very happy with this, Nashty!!

I would too. I think they still need to develop their kids and I fully believe the roster as-is, with those minor tweeks, is a playoff team assuming Zib doesnt get covid again and the goalies play like nhl goalies this year.

• Like 1

I keep saying we're closer to it than I originally thought and I still feel that way. Maybe a piece or 2 and we're there.

Any significant improvement from Kakko Laf and Kravtsov should make this team a lot better alone. The defense is on the rise, albeit slightly inexperienced still, and you add Goodrow, a full season of Barron, and one other guy who is hard to play against and this is a legit team. I am not saying stanley cup but playoffs for sure. I think you have to lose a few rounds before you even talk about stanley cup.

The Rangers re-sign Henrik Lundqvist...

...to a front office/management position.

Funny enough I was talking with a friend today about what Hank's going to do and jokingly said trade Georgiev and sign hank as backup.

Any significant improvement from Kakko Laf and Kravtsov should make this team a lot better alone. The defense is on the rise, albeit slightly inexperienced still, and you add Goodrow, a full season of Barron, and one other guy who is hard to play against and this is a legit team. I am not saying stanley cup but playoffs for sure. I think you have to lose a few rounds before you even talk about stanley cup.

Funny enough I was talking with a friend today about what Hank's going to do and jokingly said trade Georgiev and sign hank as backup.

The Tarasenko for Buch trade makes sense, and I think that could help, I think it was either Pete or G that had a pretty good trade proposal for that one for both teams. But we'll see how it shakes out tonight, Nashty.

The Tarasenko for Buch trade makes sense, and I think that could help, I think it was either Pete or G that had a pretty good trade proposal for that one for both teams. But we'll see how it shakes out tonight, Nashty.

Im not against getting any of the big names, I am against the cap issues it will cause down the line when they need to re-sign fox, lundqvist, kakko, krav, Laf etc.. Buying all these guys out wont be an option. But what do I know...

Bring him on as an assistant coach and he just stares at them all like theyre his old defense after a bad goal.

• Like 1