• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Seattle to Select and Sign Adam Larsson

Wow, that deal in Edmonton seemed to close a few weeks ago.

Guess the discussions went sideways.

Another reason why the Keith trade was brutal. Keith will cost more money than Larsson. bringing in another, much worse, defenseman to eat into Larsson's potential ice time probably factored into Larsson's decision as well

The list of defensemen available who are under contract is very weak. Larsson is probably one of their better options, I think.

This. I'm a little surprised by Seattle going for as many UFAs as they are but power to them for being able to get reasonable deals done. Larsson at $4M is better than a number of the signed options that are priced similarly. He's a solid second pair D who won't contribute much offensively.

This. I'm a little surprised by Seattle going for as many UFAs as they are but power to them for being able to get reasonable deals done. Larsson at $4M is better than a number of the signed options that are priced similarly. He's a solid second pair D who won't contribute much offensively.

It makes sense though - as of right now, most UFAs have been able to speak to 2 teams - their own, and the Kraken. Pick of the litter here.