• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Carp: Expect Rangers to Target Blake Coleman

Phil

I love the idea of adding Coleman.

This is it guys. Coleman and Goodrow drastically changes the makeup of the team. They can slot up and down the lineup, and provide safety nets for the kids who we will look to bank on more (Lafreniere, Kakko, Kravtsov, Chytil, or whoever of these is still here). They check all the boxes that we need to be heavier, harder to play against, defensively responsible, and not complete duds offensively.

I'd give Coleman 5x5 without hesitation.

Kreider - Goodrow - Coleman is a phenomenal 3rd line, though I wonder if Lafreniere is a better fit there.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not really that complicated. Just need to move Buch and Strome.

Laf - Zib - Kakko

Panarin - Chytil - Krav

Kreider - Goodrow - Coleman

Still would have plenty of cap to add a veteran D an a 4th line LW to play with Barron and Rooney.

This is the way. Coleman is a perfect piece to backdrop Kakko and Kravtsov. Goodrow is a perfect backdrop for Chytil. It's time for these three kids to sink or swim a bit. At some point you need to jump. The time to do it is now.

Trading Buch and Strome for future assets guarantees capital to adjust as needed or supplement the roster with cheap, young talent as cap space gets tighter.

We've gone through this plenty of times. From 2013 to 2016 (four drafts) had had no first round picks and 2 seconds. Who was Hartford failing to develop during that time?

Goodrow and Coleman aren’t 1st or 2nd round picks...

No, Josh will still complain that Hartford doesn't develop prospects because all the first round picks are going straight to the NHL.

I don’t understand why you’re still out here stanning Hartford and Quinn. The teams been trash for 3 years, havent developed even a #1 and a #2 overall pick. They have not even a role player coming up through the system in almost a decade... that management staff is gone for what you are trying to defend, again!

Don't see Kreider going anywhere right now. Gallant and new players will unlock him. Imagine we get Goodrow and Coleman banging bodies...you think Kreider isn't more motivated to do the same? That kind of stuff is infectious, and Kreider is well suited to adapt to doing that as well.

I don’t understand why you’re still out here stanning Hartford and Quinn. The teams been trash for 3 years, havent developed even a #1 and a #2 overall pick. They have not even a role player coming up through the system in almost a decade... that management staff is gone for what you are trying to defend, again!

Quinn? I'm not defending anyone. Just stating a facts. They traded away all their picks and prospects while they were going deep in the playoffs. Shouldn't be a surprise that the farm system was trash during that time.

Oh, it's this bit again. Hartford has been under new management since 2016 and new coaching since 2019. Are we lamenting the fact that Male Stromwall and Robin Kovacs never developed? Was Adam Tambellini destined for greatness and stunted by Hartford? There was no talent there to even be developed by Hartford.

Even with Knoblauch taking over in 2019, after which there has been significant improvement, most of the prospects the Rangers have drafted in the rebuild haven't even arrived yet.

You consistently regurgitate this argument and it's consistently flawed because you throw context out the window.

:rofl: I was thinking the same thing, Josh!!

Don't see Kreider going anywhere right now. Gallant and new players will unlock him. Imagine we get Goodrow and Coleman banging bodies...you think Kreider isn't more motivated to do the same? That kind of stuff is infectious, and Kreider is well suited to adapt to doing that as well.

I'm willing to ditch my Kreider shit-storm this year too, RMC. After watching the playoffs, I'm thinking we need him for the post season, more than a sleepy regular season. I'm pretty confident the numbers will be there, but come the playoffs, he's more the type of player we need to have with us.

Even with Kreider being 30, he's got probably less miles on him than most built to play like him at that age.

Quinn? I'm not defending anyone. Just stating a facts. They traded away all their picks and prospects while they were going deep in the playoffs. Shouldn't be a surprise that the farm system was trash during that time.

“Let’s replicate Tampa”

Josh: well, they developed a lot of their guys in Syracuse

“Not this shit again! Uhhhh! Let’s be happy not making the playoffs and overpay for Tampa’s old players”

No, you need younger, cheaper, healthier players

What we are trying to avoid is having 3 Overpaid Kreider’s.

This is why you need an AHL team, to efficiently supplement your NHL team with capable players on a regular basis or you end up paying out the ass for role players in free agency.

You can’t overpay Both Goodrow and Coleman. If they had 1 capable player come through Hartford, that keeps Buchnevich on your team (cap)

And they paid two 1sts for them. Tampa hasn't drafted or developed anyone of consequence in 6 years

I'd argue he already changed it, but if you think otherwise, Mathieu Joseph will chang your mind by November.

And they paid two 1sts for them. Tampa hasn't drafted or developed anyone of consequence in 6 years

They’re winning championships with what they did.

Rangers can’t do what Tampa Bay is doing now and expect to win, because they never did the work on the backend

Was in AHL:

Cirelli was 3 seasons ago.

Colton this season

Gourde was 4 seasons

Cernak 2 season later ago

Joseph last season

If the Rangers are trying to copy the Lightning, they're basically building it with a backwards model. Tampa locked in their core (Stamkos, Kucherov, Vasilevskiy, Hedman, Point, and McDonagh. They then effectively (and efficiently) supplanted around the edges. Lots of middle-of-the-roaders (Palat, Killorn, Gourde, Johnson, Cirelli, Sergachev, Cernak), and they filled in almost every other hole with a near league minimum NHL player and happily paid steep prices to get two of them (Goodrow, Coleman).

The Rangers appear to be beefing up around the middle and edges without really knowing what their core is/will be, or having it locked-down long-term, will probably have their starter on a bridge. It's not to say it can't work, but it's definitely not a well-tested approach.

They’re winning championships with what they did.

Rangers can’t do what Tampa Bay is doing now and expect to win, because they never did the work on the backend

Was in AHL:

Cirelli was 3 seasons ago.

Colton this season

Gourde was 4 seasons

Cernak 2 season later ago

Joseph last season

It took years for Tampa to build a strong system. They were still a rebuilding team not even a decade ago. They had consecutive playoff misses in 2012 and 2013. They accrued assets and developed a farm over the years. Cirelli, Gourde, Cernak, etc. came into a system that had years of fine-tuning and plenty of talented options. Look at how many players Syracuse hasn't developed that were highly thought of. They have the benefit of having an abundance of talent because of good scouting and constant talent acquisition.