• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Strickland: Ryan Strome Drawing Trade Interest

Phil

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What on earth could Ottawa offer for Ryan Strome that offers size, talent, grit, leadership...maybe could replace a Buchnevich on the wing...

I wonder....

Have you heard about his advanced stats though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What on earth could Ottawa offer for Ryan Strome that offers size, talent, grit, leadership...maybe could replace a Buchnevich on the wing...

I wonder....

Strome for Norris and a 2nd. Let's relive the Brassard/Zibanejad deal all over again! #RootForChaos

Strome for Norris and a 2nd. Let's relive the Brassard/Zibanejad deal all over again! #RootForChaos

I was going to go be like "but who did Norris play with" before I realized that it's either Stutzle or nobody and neither particularly matters.

If accurate, it's telling about the kinds of players they want and the ones they don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

drawing interest doesnt mean on the trade block

We like to talk about Brassard-Zibanejad, but the Rangers have been pretty shitty since, regardless. I just hope this isnt a move Nylander to give a 3C $7m.

This paired with the Horvat rumors is very interesting…

If accurate, it's telling about the kinds of players they want and the ones they don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yup. A combo of moves like Buch+ for Horvat, Strome for Connor Brown+ would certainly change the complexion of the team.

Strome is a good center but not on a contender. I can see Ottawa being interested in Strome cause they never contend

I think so too. He doesn't do the things that would ultimately help you in the playoffs. He's a perimeter player and not talented enough like a Zibanejad to possibly get away with it. Weaker on the defensive side. Bad at faceoffs. Doesn't use his body. You really need those kinds of traits down the middle come crunch time, at least in one of the top 6 spots.

Honestly if you trade Strome, it better be for a significant upgrade that is a no brainer in my opinion. He's been great here, a leader for what it's worth, and has done every damn thing the organization has asked for. He is exactly the type of player for us that deserves to be part of our end goal. No lateral move please.
  • Like 1

Horvat is a monumental upgrade on Strome. Strome is soft, and easy to play against. Horvat may give a hair up on offense, but not really, and he excels at Strome's glaring deficiencies.

Swapping Strome/Buchnevich for Horvat and Connor Brown would go a long way to building an actual hockey team.

Horvat is a monumental upgrade on Strome. Strome is soft, and easy to play against. Horvat may give a hair up on offense, but not really, and he excels at Strome's glaring deficiencies.

Swapping Strome/Buchnevich for Horvat and Connor Brown would go a long way to building an actual hockey team.

I don't know if I'd go as far as to say monumental, but at least we know he can play with good players.

If that's the trades that are being discussed, I'm all for it. Mostly so I could stop correcting people around here with their misinformation campaigns around Strome LOL.

boo! I want Logan.

But Connor was AJT, so I can't complain. But I don't see him as a 4th liner, and not sure there is room.in top 9.