• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Strickland: Ryan Strome Drawing Trade Interest

Phil

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I see what Drury appears to be doing, the more...or should I say "LESS", I am to believe Eichel isn't even a target for us any longer.

Pete made this point months ago, and it's still true. We're not going to be able to have Zibby and Eichel or Eichel and Strome. That being said, Chytil and Eichel does not scream out comfortability at center to me.

Nor can they afford Eichel and Zib. So you're going with Eichel and Chytil which is...Broken neck guy and and big question mark.

If they sign Goodrow to that 3.6 AAV number, and with the probable increase to Fox's estimated contract based on Heiskanen's, I am inclined to agree with that now.There was a path to affording Zib and Eichel, but it is all but closed...which is a good thing with Eichel's injury concerns. Too risky now.

With a Jack Eichel trading coming to a head this is what I am piecing together from what's out there and what I know.

- Strome to Ottawa for pick #10 (possible include 15 and get another piece back

- Pick 10, Buchnevich, Chytil, and Jones (or Robertson) to Buffalo for Eichel #NYR

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

With a Jack Eichel trading coming to a head this is what I am piecing together from what's out there and what I know.

- Strome to Ottawa for pick #10 (possible include 15 and get another piece back

- Pick 10, Buchnevich, Chytil, and Jones (or Robertson) to Buffalo for Eichel #NYR

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I mean…. Not bad but cap wise does this even work? I don’t even mean this season but going forward?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean…. Not bad but cap wise does this even work? I don’t even mean this season but going forward?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be masterful if Eichel goes to Ottawa with Buf retaining 35%, then Eichel comes here with Ottawa retaining 35%. We get Eichel for $4.225 cap hit per year.

Is that legal?

It would be masterful if Eichel goes to Ottawa with Buf retaining 35%, then Eichel comes here with Ottawa retaining 35%. We get Eichel for $4.225 cap hit per year.

Is that legal?

Double retention? Yes. But the Rangers would pay through the nose to make it worth it for both teams.

Is that legal?

Neither team would retain that for 5 more years. You might get 10-15% (1-1.5M) each if you really make it worth their while though. And that still leaves you with a 7-8M price tag.

Neither team would retain that for 5 more years. You might get 10-15% (1-1.5M) each if you really make it worth their while though. And that still leaves you with a 7-8M price tag.

Agreed. And even that, they'll still pay through the nose for. It's five years of retention. That is a long fucking time in hockey.

> One team to watch is the New York Rangers. GM Chris Drury has multiple irons in the fire – well aside from the new deal for two-time Stanley Cup champion Barclay Goodrow we reported on Monday. Here are some of the things we’re hearing connected to the Broadway Blueshirts:

Sources said the Kraken were underwhelmed with the options at center presented in the Expansion Draft, so they may pursue bulking up at the position via the trade market. Ryan Strome has been linked to the Kraken. Would Strome make any sense in Vegas, who is also looking for centers?

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/seravalli-ice-breakers-rangers-the-team-to-watch-as-nhl-trade-freeze-lifts/

I get that this is clearly Strome being moved for the assets to get Eichel, but who the fuck on the Kraken is actually of interest here?

The only piece they have that matters either for us or in a trade w/Buffalo is the #2 and there's no way they're trading that. Are the Sabres low-key interested in like....Cholowski? Something in the side deals that reportedly happened but weren't reported?

Just because Strome is moved doesn't mean it has to be Eichel. I've seen some crazy rumors about Dylan Larkin as well. Or it could be someone out of left field.

Yepp been rumors for just about every good center out there at this point most which make sense for us but little to no sense for the team dealing the center such as Horvat, Scheifele, O'Reilly... Larkin who the Red Wings would likely only deal if heavily overpaid as they'd likely also need to take on a bad contract to keep cap floor. Typical packages & add Georgiev i've seen suggested for Eichel likely could land Larkin. Assets such as Chytil, 1st rounder, Jones, Strome/Buch(who they could flip) are the main ones part of those "packages"

Edit as i typed that the Red Wings landed Alex Nedeljkovic, never mind on the Geo...

Yepp been rumors for just about every good center out there at this point most which make sense for us but little to no sense for the team dealing the center such as Horvat, Scheifele, O'Reilly... Larkin who the Red Wings would likely only deal if heavily overpaid as they'd likely also need to take on a bad contract to keep cap floor. Typical packages & add Georgiev i've seen suggested for Eichel likely could land Larkin. Assets such as Chytil, 1st rounder, Jones, Strome/Buch(who they could flip) are the main ones part of those "packages"

Edit as i typed that the Red Wings landed Alex Nedeljkovic, never mind on the Geo...

whats so special with jones? is he blowing things up down there?

Return from Seattle/Ottawa would be interesting but i wonder what Vegas would even have to realistically offer that we'd want now, Krebs isn't happening, their 1st we dont need unless its to throw in a package for Strome replacement, guys like Tuch, Marchessault etc make no sense to trade a center for a winger.

perhaps 3way trade where we get Eichel, BUF gets Krebs/ZJones/our 1st/R.Smith(to flip), Vegas gets Strome/both our 2nds but if Vegas would be even willing to deal Krebs why not just nab Eichel themselves.

Return from Seattle/Ottawa would be interesting but i wonder what Vegas would even have to realistically offer that we'd want now, Krebs isn't happening, their 1st we dont need unless its to throw in a package for Strome replacement, guys like Tuch, Marchessault etc make no sense to trade a center for a winger.

perhaps 3way trade where we get Eichel, BUF gets Krebs/ZJones/our 1st/R.Smith(to flip), Vegas gets Strome/both our 2nds but if Vegas would be even willing to deal Krebs why not just nab Eichel themselves.

Vegas is at the peak of a Cup push window and their center depth is Karlsson, Stephenson, Patrick, Howden.

I would not at all be surprised to see Vegas put Krebs on the table for a win-now guy. It'd be a dumb move, but it wouldn't shock me.

Vegas is at the peak of a Cup push window and their center depth is Karlsson, Stephenson, Patrick, Howden.

I would not at all be surprised to see Vegas put Krebs on the table for a win-now guy. It'd be a dumb move, but it wouldn't shock me.

They have already shown a complete willingness to move every good prospect/young player they have

Suzuki, Branstrom and now Glass, all gone

If the Eichel ship has sailed, which it seems like it has now, how can we trade Strome?

Hard to say without knowing what Strome might be dealt for. If you get a center back in the deal, or someone who can realistically play center, it's still a potential winner. I was half-joking when I suggested Josh Norris from the Sens to re-live the Brassard-for-Zibanejad deal. I'm like a quarter-joking when I say again, get Josh Norris and re-live the Brassard-for-Zibanejad trade!

Hard to say without knowing what Strome might be dealt for. If you get a center back in the deal, or someone who can realistically play center, it's still a potential winner. I was half-joking when I suggested Josh Norris from the Sens to re-live the Brassard-for-Zibanejad deal. I'm like a quarter-joking when I say again, get Josh Norris and re-live the Brassard-for-Zibanejad trade!

Is Josh Norris not a serious downgrade for next season though? I'm not opposed to the idea in the long term but the Rangers are building a team that can make the playoffs next season. I'm just not sure how trading Strome can work unless you're packaging him for an upgrade (like Eichel).