• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Believed to be Asking for a First-Round Pick for Georgiev

Phil

I think you put shesty in front of a good team and he won’t give you a reason to lose. I agree, he’s not like Hank, won’t steal games. Hope I’m wrong though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since his car accident, he hasn't looked as good as when he first arrived. I don't even think it's a matter of the league figuring him out. He just doesn't look as poised or as quick as he was just a year ago.

Since his car accident, he hasn't looked as good as when he first arrived. I don't even think it's a matter of the league figuring him out. He just doesn't look as poised or as quick as he was just a year ago.

I dont know if it was because of the accident or that its just basically been two shit show seasons in general for this organization but this coming year will be the litmus test. He should be settled, and have a flavor for the NHL game. I am expecting big things from this team even if nothing changes. He was so highly touted I think we all expected him to come in and dominate in the beginning (and he kinda did). I still have faith.

I always liked Georgiev. He's had some great games. I think he was terribly managed last season by the coach when he was struggling and his confidence was basically shot to hell. He could be a serviceable NHL goalie for someone. Probably never a starter, but a good backup.

28. Alexandar Georgiev

Goaltender, New York Rangers

Contract: 1 year remaining at $2.425 million AAV

Scoop: Sources say Georgiev placed a trade request with the Rangers a while back, hoping to break out from behind Igor Shesterkin. The Rangers have sought a first-round pick for him. But that won’t be happening – not after the return for Alex Nedeljkovic set the market price. And not if teams do their homework on Georgiev, who wasn’t exactly known as a favorite teammate on Broadway.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/trade-targets-will-seth-jones-be-the-first-to-move/