• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Buchnevich Joins Seravalli's Trade Targets Board

Phil

8. Pavel Buchnevich [emoji682]

Right Wing, New York Rangers

Contract: RFA (Arbitration Eligible)

Scoop: Sources indicate new Rangers GM Chris Drury has engaged in conversation about the possibility of moving Buchnevich. Why? He is coming off a career season, where he collected 20 goals and 48 points in just 54 games – a 30-goal and 72-point run over an 82-game stretch. That means he’s about to be paid. His arbitration award, at a minimum, is well above the $4.54 million walkaway rate – and any arbitration award would walk him to free agency anyway. It’s time to either buck-up or book a ticket for Buchnevich.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/seravalli-trade-targets-reilly-smith-pavel-buchnevich-join-the-board/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Problem

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I think Buch's value is at it's absolute highest. He's inexpensive, he's coming off a career year, and he's entering his prime.

I don't think he's a 1st line player that much longer in New York (maybe not even next season) -- so we're looking at a Kreider deal for a player getting paid for previous success and actually moving down the lineup.

If I'm Drury I'm using Buch as a main piece in any trade.

It makes sense. He's an all situations high scoring RW about to make some serious bank at a position in which we, at least in theory, have three players who can step up and make for a suitable replacement - or at least combine to reasonably cover his production +/- 10 points or so with expanded roles.

Unfortunately for Buch there is really no way to sign him long term without causing future cap problems. Of course we are presuming that Kakko, Laff, and Kravtsov reach their potential

Yeah, and I think that's a safe bet that at least one of them will. Hopefully all three.

I’d sell as well but only if we get a real nhl ready guy in return. I’m not doing this for futures. We have those in spades.

Yeah, I'd have to imagine we're done trading for futures. I'm looking for Buch+ for an upgrade elsewhere or even at the same position.

Hes the perfect sell from strength to gain a weakness player we have. I’m really happy with the steps he’s taken and the player he has become. I think he’ll be a good 25-30 goal player. But, unfortunately for him, offense isn’t our weakness. We have a few guys who can pot the puck and others who look like they will be able to consistently. It makes sense to see if you can flip him for something you need.

Yeah, I'd have to imagine we're done trading for futures. I'm looking for Buch+ for an upgrade elsewhere or even at the same position.

I'm not necessarily averse to trading for NHL ready futures here if that's the best deal we get (thinking about a guy like Peyton Krebs or something), but I agree that we should be aiming for someone who's got some hair on their balls here.

I'm not necessarily averse to trading for NHL ready futures here if that's the best deal we get (thinking about a guy like Peyton Krebs or something), but I agree that we should be aiming for someone who's got some hair on their balls here.

Dammit!!! I knew I shouldn't have "man-scaped" last night!!!! This couldda been my chance!!! :rofl:

if he does get traded it will be interesting to see what he can fetch in return. a high end player in his prime. We're definitely in need of an upgrade down the middle and at bottom 6.

also, if he's being shopped, means Buch and package for Eichel aint happening.

Personally, I think Buch's value is at it's absolute highest. He's inexpensive, he's coming off a career year, and he's entering his prime.

I don't think he's a 1st line player that much longer in New York (maybe not even next season) -- so we're looking at a Kreider deal for a player getting paid for previous success and actually moving down the lineup.

If I'm Drury I'm using Buch as a main piece in any trade.

Same. Nice player, glad to see he's rounded out and become what we'd hoped he would, but the timing couldn't be worse for how long it took. His would-be extension is the kind that becomes an instant risk, IMO. What Josh always calls a "danger zone" deal. Not a superstar, not a consistent producer, not a world-beater at anything. But paid way too much for it not to matter when the puck stops going in.

Same. Nice player, glad to see he's rounded out and become what we'd hoped he would, but the timing couldn't be worse for how long it took. His would-be extension is the kind that becomes an instant risk, IMO. What Josh always calls a "danger zone" deal. Not a superstar, not a consistent producer, not a world-beater at anything. But paid way too much for it not to matter when the puck stops going in.

i'd say he's a pretty consistent producer and all around excellent player who PKs, PPs, excellent defensively and not afraid to get physical. you want him on the ice in the last minute when you're losing a game by a goal or in the last minute when you're winning by a goal. He's Fedotenko on steroids. I personally think he's the player you keep but it is what it is

He's not an 'excellent' player. He's a good one. He's a reliable one. They're worth paying and keeping around, but you can only have so many of them. It's why Tampa is going to have to blow up their own team after winning back-to-back Cups. Lots of good, reliable players are gonna go.

He's not an 'excellent' player. He's a good one. He's a reliable one. They're worth paying and keeping around, but you can only have so many of them. It's why Tampa is going to have to blow up their own team after winning back-to-back Cups. Lots of good, reliable players are gonna go.

we dont have that many of them. at all. Zib and Buch are the only ones come to mind.

:confused:

And this are the guys the Rangers should be trying to bring in here. Forget the Eichel and Tarasenko

And this are the guys the Rangers should be trying to bring in here. Forget the Eichel and Tarasenko

I mean, sure, but that wasn't my point. There's really only enough room to bring in a handful of "danger zone" deals on any team. Especially the ones that win the Cup. It's why Buch is in this "buck-up or book a ticket" position. It's why Kreider was, too, with minutes to go before the deadline nearly ended and saw him dealt.

I don't see Buchnevich cashing in on as big of a contract as people suggest.

If he is signed for 5.5 for 5, is that a danger zone contract?

I'm not ready to hand the keys to Kravstov or Kakko. They have a lot to prove and dealing a guy whom I think is JUST turning the corner and finding his game as well as becoming more of a top line player with some bigger play isn't the moveI think they should be making.

This kid made me change my tune on him this past season. Gritty and high end level play where he was able to dominate down low wasn't anything I saw him do the last few seasons. His skill level was always something I questioned. He shut me up this season and I'm now a fan. I feel he came a long way and his ceiling is limitless now.

Don't get me wrong, if they can get a Tkachuk for him, he's fuckin gone. I'm not moving him for another finesse forward.

I don't see Buchnevich cashing in on as big of a contract as people suggest.

If he is signed for 5.5 for 5, is that a danger zone contract?

I'm not ready to hand the keys to Kravstov or Kakko. They have a lot to prove and dealing a guy whom I think is JUST turning the corner and finding his game as well as becoming more of a top line player with some bigger play isn't the moveI think they should be making.

This kid made me change my tune on him this past season. Gritty and high end level play where he was able to dominate down low wasn't anything I saw him do the last few seasons. His skill level was always something I questioned. He shut me up this season and I'm now a fan. I feel he came a long way and his ceiling is limitless now.

Don't get me wrong, if they can get a Tkachuk for him, he's fuckin gone. I'm not moving him for another finesse forward.

I don't think anyone really wants to trade him. It just makes sense to do so if his number is higher than 5 or so.