• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Buchnevich Joins Seravalli's Trade Targets Board

Phil

kreider is not an all around player. LIndgren is a d-man, i was talking about forwards

Kreider is absolutely an all-around player. He's a career 0.60 P/GP player. That's 49 points a year — the definition of all-around player. Especially when you consider, just like Buch, he rides shotgun to stars in the top-six.

It also doesn't matter if they're F or D. My point is that if you sign too many of these middle of the road deals, you end up in cap hell quickly because you just don't have the room to pay everyone. It's why these guys fill the free agent coffers every single off season.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kreider is not an all-around player. he's very one dimensional, if you really think about it.

do you think Tampa's "reliable" players going to sign for peanuts? they will command highest dollars, coming off of back to back championships. And we've been hearing about TB blowing up their core for couple of years now. No one of significance has been lost thus far

Yeah, I'm not gonna get into a semantic argument over the definition of "all-around." My point is this: middle-of-the-road players, also known as complementary players, are generally solid and reliable, and you cannot sign too many of them or you end up in cap hell. For the Rangers, that's guys like Buchnevich, Kreider, probably Strome, and Chytil up front. Lindgren on the back end right now. We'll see what happens with guys like Schneider and Robertson moving forward. They're years out candidates for the same position, too.

If the Rangers have interest in and intend to sign guys like Blake Coleman, they'll fit that bill, as well.

So say the Rangers are willing to sign Buch long term to $6-7M a season. Wouldn't they be better off offering the same contract to Landeskog? Another wing but with noted leadership abilities and far more grit. On a lesser note how about Saad?

I'm not advocating either as I think the money needs to be allocated to upgrade at center and bottom 6 depth but these guys make more sense as far as need than Buch, do they not?

So say the Rangers are willing to sign Buch long term to $6-7M a season. Wouldn't they be better off offering the same contract to Landeskog? Another wing but with noted leadership abilities and far more grit. On a lesser note how about Saad?

I'm not advocating either as I think the money needs to be allocated to upgrade at center and bottom 6 depth but these guys make more sense as far as need than Buch, do they not?

Does Landeskog play the right? Kind of thinking you need to give him 8 or 9 to get him out of Col though too.

He's a left wing. Some are saying that Buch will get the same as Tarasenko $7.5M. I would think in a flat cap year that Landeskog isn't going to get much more. Even if he gets $8M, wouldn't that extra $500K be better spent on him being that he brings every trait this team is looking for? Again I'm not advocating it but to me that makes more sense than signing Buch or trading for Tarasenko at $7.5M cap hits

He's a left wing. Some are saying that Buch will get the same as Tarasenko $7.5M. I would think in a flat cap year that Landeskog isn't going to get much more. Even if he gets $8M, wouldn't that extra $500K be better spent on him being that he brings every trait this team is looking for? Again I'm not advocating it but to me that makes more sense than signing Buch or trading for Tarasenko at $7.5M cap hits

In that scenario, I would definitely agree. I personally have Buch around 6 though.

In that scenario, I would definitely agree. I personally have Buch around 6 though.

I agree with you. I will also say I'm not comfortable signing Buch for that with what's ahead with this roster.

What sucks is that's all due to the cap. A cap they implemented because of whinning from small market teams. Those same teams then immediately circumvent the cap as soon as they can get a competitive advantage, i.e. Devils and Tampa

7. Sam Reinhart

Center, Buffalo Sabres

Contract: RFA (Arbitration Eligible)

Scoop: Shoot some truth serum into Sabres GM Kevyn Adams and he’ll likely tell you that he has no real interest in moving Reinhart. He finished tied for 11th in the league in goals (25), which is a 37-goal pace over 82 games. By all accounts, Reinhart also emerged as one of Buffalo’s leaders. It’s just that Reinhart is one year away from free agency and his negative comments indicate there is little chance he’ll be signing long-term, so this summer might be the best time to rip the band-aid off.

I've always been intrigued by Reinhart. His underlying numbers don't really look great but is that because it's on Buffalo? He's always noticeable when we've played against him. Has good size and puts the puck in the net. Negatives: his +/- is horrible and his faceoff percentage is even worse than Chytil somehow.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/seravalli-trade-targets-reilly-smith-pavel-buchnevich-join-the-board/

I've always been intrigued by Reinhart. His underlying numbers don't really look great but is that because it's on Buffalo? He's always noticeable when we've played against him. Has good size and puts the puck in the net. Negatives: his +/- is horrible and his faceoff percentage is even worse than Chytil somehow.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/seravalli-trade-targets-reilly-smith-pavel-buchnevich-join-the-board/

His defensive game is crap, doesn’t kill penalties, hits less than Panarin and is looking at around 7.5 per season.

Late to the party here, but a Buchnevich for Horvat trade would be really good for us (and the Canucks for that matter). Both fill a need for those teams and it would just be a really good hockey trade, I think. Are the rumors suggesting a purely one-for-one deal, or would a bit more be involved?