• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Arizona to the Central is Stupid

Arizona in their new division will get slaughtered plain an simple. For fun this is how the new divisions should be for better travel:

Pacific: Anaheim, Arizona, Calgary, Los Angeles, San Jose, Seattle, Vancouver, Vegas

Central: Colorado, Chicago, Dallas, Edmonton, Minnesota, Nashville, St Louis, Winnipeg

Atlantic: Carolina, Columbus, Detroit, Florida, Pittsburg, Tampa, Toronto, Washington

Metro: Boston, Buffalo, Montreal, Ottawa, New Jersey, NY Islanders, NY Rangers, Philadelphia

I'm confused. They should change the new division alignment to cater to the Arizona Coyotes? I don't think anyone cares about that franchise. In fact, if you took a vote, they are probably a top 2-3 franchise that would get voted to relocate to another city.

I am not a coyotes fan but just saying travel to play teams in your own division will be ridiculous

I would have done two 8 division conferences with 4 teams each.

New Jersey, NY Islanders, NY Rangers, Philadelphia

Boston, Buffalo, Montreal, Ottawa

Carolina, Tampa, Washington, Florida

Columbus, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Toronto

Seattle, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary

Los Angeles, San Jose, Anaheim, Vegas

Winnipeg, Minnesota, Colorado, Chicago

Dallas, Nashville, St Louis, Arizona

I would have done 2 conferences. 8 divisions 4 teams each.

New Jersey, NY Islanders, NY Rangers, Philadelphia

Boston, Buffalo, Montreal, Ottawa

Carolina, Tampa, Washington, Florida

Columbus, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Toronto

Seattle, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary

Los Angeles, San Jose, Anaheim, Vegas

Winnipeg, Minnesota, Colorado, Chicago

Dallas, Nashville, St Louis, Arizona

That's actually a good idea

I'm confused. They should change the new division alignment to cater to the Arizona Coyotes? I don't think anyone cares about that franchise. In fact, if you took a vote, they are probably a top 2-3 franchise that would get voted to relocate to another city.

Because the vanilla midget commissioner is whiskey bound & hell bent for that franchise to succeed. That's why there's a fargin lockout every 10 years.

• Like 1

I am not a coyotes fan but just saying travel to play teams in your own division will be ridiculous

But Edmonton in that division would be even worse travel wise. They're closest opponents by far are Calgary, Vancouver, and Seattle, so those 4 have to be in a division.

There should be more than 4 divisions if they wanted to optimize traveling though.

But Edmonton in that division would be even worse travel wise. They're closest opponents by far are Calgary, Vancouver, and Seattle, so those 4 have to be in a division.

There should be more than 4 divisions if they wanted to optimize traveling though.

I do like your idea better as it would bet great for travel, maybe switch Arizona to include Dallas, Colorado, Winnipeg and the other would be Minnesota, Chicago, Nashville, St Louis

Hockey in Arizona is stupid. Bettman has always been coy when it comes to talking about moving that franchise, no matter the ownership situation. But, I kind of feel like they really need to explore that option. I don't care if he says ownership is as stable as it's been in a long time. I just think it's an opportune time to really look at it.