• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Did the Playoffs Make Kreider More Tradeable?

LindG1000

Laf is not underpaid. He’s a rookie on an entry level contract.

It doesn’t look good for Kreider when a rookie pushes him down the pecking order.

Every older player gets pushed out by younger players. That's life.

Every older player gets pushed out by younger players. That's life.

It's also expected when that player is a dust overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kreider isnt old.

All true.

But he got pushed out by a kid who was dreadful for a big part of the season. It wasn't like he came in swinging and earned it. It was more like Kreider giving it away. Wanna give Laf the benefit of the doubt because of the lack of training camp etc. sure I guess, not sure anybody predicted his struggles based on the hype. Should he have pushed Kreider out over time absolutely.

I'm not saying they should move on (trade) from Kreider, they shouldn't. However, at this point in time I'm not sure either of the two is ideally a top line guy. Hopefully one of them proves me wrong.

• Like 1

All true.

But he got pushed out by a kid who was dreadful for a big part of the season. It wasn't like he came in swinging and earned it. It was more like Kreider giving it away. Wanna give Laf the benefit of the doubt because of the lack of training camp etc. sure I guess, not sure anybody predicted his struggles based on the hype. Should he have pushed Kreider out over time absolutely.

I'm not saying they should move on (trade) from Kreider, they shouldn't. However, at this point in time I'm not sure either of the two is ideally a top line guy. Hopefully one of them proves me wrong.

That's got nothing to do with the original point of Kreider being an "overpaid third liner". You can do that when you have young, cheap, talent.

To be clear here - I don't think this is a "we should trade Kreider" thread.

This is a "there is probably a GM out there who will think that the sole reason his team lost in the playoffs is a lack of a Kreider and will cut off his own nose to acquire him" kind of thing.

Kreider is a 3LW or a 2RW in all likelihood, but he'll play up and down the lineup.

This is a "there is probably a GM out there who will think that the sole reason his team lost in the playoffs is a lack of a Kreider and will cut off his own nose to acquire him" kind of thing.

Kreider is a 3LW or a 2RW in all likelihood, but he'll play up and down the lineup.

...and I'm still curious to see what Gallant will do with him, how he will use him, and I'm hoping for the best for Kreider. God knows we can only prosper from it! ;)

Honestly I just miss watching them and can't wait for the season to start!!! LOL

Ya. For the Rangers.

...and I'm still curious to see what Gallant will do with him, how he will use him, and I'm hoping for the best for Kreider. God knows we can only prosper from it! ;)

Honestly I just miss watching them and can't wait for the season to start!!! LOL

And that's okay too! I feel very similarly about Chytil.

I just think that GMs will look at what's happening in this playoffs and target players like him - perhaps to excessive effect.

I know he's the kind of guy that could thrive under Gallant, and I know he's the kind of guy we need more of - but do we need "more Kreiders" more than we need a long term answer at 2c and a big physical LD (for example)? That, I don't know.

Kreiders consistency issue makes it impossible for him to be a first line player. He has the size, speed and skill but not the consistency. Biggest waste of talent since Rico Fata.

I think the Breakaway guys had this right - Kreider will drive you nuts in the RS, but in the playoffs he's the guy. Hard for us to care about that in a meaningful way right now, of course.

I think the Breakaway guys had this right - Kreider will drive you nuts in the RS, but in the playoffs he's the guy. Hard for us to care about that in a meaningful way right now, of course.

Hope you’re right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And that's okay too! I feel very similarly about Chytil.

I just think that GMs will look at what's happening in this playoffs and target players like him - perhaps to excessive effect.

I know he's the kind of guy that could thrive under Gallant, and I know he's the kind of guy we need more of - but do we need "more Kreiders" more than we need a long term answer at 2c and a big physical LD (for example)? That, I don't know.

I think we're going to be fine at 2C, G man. Strome is looking more and more like he's the answer there. I think we need the 3C spot more than anything, but I also think we can use another big body winger to carry some of the load other than CK1.

I keep pushing/hoping for Greenway, but that's a pipe dream. The Wild would be out of their fucking minds to let him go. Keirik's already reeling me in on that prayer! LOL It's that type player though, that I think we could use one more of....not a whole team of...just maybe one more that can maintain the pressure of when Kreider is not on the ice.

I also think there are players on this team now that can push the envelope and play a "bigger" game. As they become men and start growing into their bodies. I expect Yukon, Kakko, Chytil and a couple others to get stronger and play bigger.

The big Defenseman are on their way, but they're going to need time to play some at the NHL level. Schneider I'm hoping is the real deal, and Robertson as well. Those guys may just end up being the new Twin Towers here in the big city. Albeit when most scouts talk about Robertson, they talk more about his puck smarts and mobility...not a bad thing, but the dude is also 6' 4" and 201 lbs. as a 20 year old.

The Getzlaf type guy is the one I would like to see though, Big G. I know they sure as hell don't grow on trees, man and I'm glad it's not my job to find 'em, but if I was creating a 3C, I'd mix in a whole lotta Getzlaf, with a pinch of Jenner and dash of Toewes. :thumbs:

I don’t get the notion that he’s too expensive to play 3rd line minutes. To me, that speaks to the just how talented a group of younger players we have pushing him down the depth chart. Where he plays is irrelevant. He will still score 20-25 on the third line.

He should get quite a few on the Power Play as well...at least I would hope so!!! :thumbs:

Noting that Drury said that it was impossible to ignore the physicality, size, and speed of the playoffs, I can't help but wonder if Kreider is suddenly a hot asset.

• There's really not much of what he offers in FA
  • He's under contract and cost controlled, even if the number is a bit high
  • He's the exact player folks will be targeting all off-season based on these playoffs
  • He won't play over Panarin or Laf in our lineup, and his desire to go to RW is unknown
  • GMs are silly creatures that play copycat on the latest SC Champs

I'll concede that he plays the style we're probably looking to replicate and we've got little to nothing behind him to replace that, but I have to think that given the list above, we're going to get some calls on him. What do you think it takes for us to actually do the deal?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$