• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kurtis Gabriel

Lord Al

13. Another unrestricted free agent who has permission to talk to other teams: San Jose’s Kurtis Gabriel.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/31-thoughts-stanley-cup-playoffs-affect-blueliner-market/

--

(Isn't this the type of player the Rangers would be in the market for?

Also He gets major points for his girlfriend Mikayla Demaiter)

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Not really, 28, not an everyday player. If they are getting an enforcer, at least get someone that wins fights.

That 100% correct . That why they should sign Sam Morin 25 years old 6’7 235 lbs UFA. LW/LD was a first round draft pick of the Flyers. TKO’ed Ross Johnston this season

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Let me re-phrase, Gabriel would be a secondary option of a secondary need.

Wouldn't mind, but they should be able to fill that role with a more useful option. At least someone who can play regularly or be decent defensively.

I'd much rather have capable hockey players that can bruise as opposed to lugging Morin or Gabriel around.

I'm thinking Hyman is a good target. But would he be OK being a 4th liner?

There's not much out there opens eyes as far as UFA role players go.

I'm thinking Hyman is a good target. But would he be OK being a 4th liner?

There's not much out there opens eyes as far as UFA role players go.

Hyman is going to be paid an absurd amount, and there's no chance he chooses to go from first to fourth-liner during what should be his payday free agency.

I’d still love to take a run at the Ritchie bros. 1 as an everyday play, 1 as an enforcer. 1 a RFA probably exposed during the expansion, other a cheap UFA. Both handle Goodrow, who is probably the top target, as he kills penalties, but I don’t see him leaving. And if he does, it will be expensive.

are there any good, tough 4th liners that won't be protected in the seattle draft that we can pluck via trade for better value if teams are worried about losing them for nothing anyway?

of course that means we have to protect them as well but like, knowing NHL GMs im sure there are some honor code deals that can be made.

OR, random example of tough guy move we can make for cheap

ANH Trades a conditional 6th Round Pick to Seattle for future considerations, with that consideration being they don't take maybe Deslauriers (just picked a randmon 4th line guy who can fight) and that condition being he gets traded to us after the seattle draft for a 5th round pick. ANH does nothing and moves up a round in the draft while preventing a player from being taken for nothing, Seattle gets a free pick, we spend next to nothing on someone who helps the 4th line.

Is that even legal? im not sure if seattle would protect him/would want to spend assets on not losing him but more interested in the scenario overall