• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Hire Gerard Gallant as Head Coach; Signs 4-Year Deal Worth $3.5M per Season

I'm with you "Big Daddy"! ;) I think he should bring in the guys he will be successful with.

Why not let Girardi get his feet wet elsewhere first?

Give him a developmental role, let him work his way up to full time assistant. I think he would be a great get for the organization tbh but if the knocks on Gallant are true that hes not a true X's and O's guy then we need assistants who can supplement that. A first time assistant isnt ideal.

He did, as an interim coach with the Sabres for however many games it was he coached.

Does this even count? :rofl:

Sure. But I don't share in the fear that Drury is trying to run the whole operation without input from the guys he's actually hiring. It strains credulity to the point of fracture with regard to Gallant, specifically, who was literally fired in Florida for clashing with a meddling front office who were literally trying to make lineup changes during the game.

Drury would have to be the biggest idiot in the game to turn around and hire that same coach and then put him into the exact same situation that got him fired in the first place.

Agreed 100% on all points here. Which is why the analytics knock on him doesnt mean shit to me- I am sure it was the first question Drury asked him.

Good call on Mike Kelly too.. coached with him in Florida and the World Champs recently (I think Vegas too?).. I'd be shocked if he didnt join him again.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this even count? :rofl:

I mean, technically?

Agreed 100% on all points here. Which is why the analytics knock on him doesnt mean shit to me- I am sure it was the first question Drury asked him.

Good call on Mike Kelly too.. coached with him in Florida and the World Champs recently (I think Vegas too?).. I'd be shocked if he didnt join him again.

Yeah, and he's not currently employed by an NHL team. It's an easy scoop. Drew a Penalty was the first to suggest it, though, not me. Credit him.