• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21 | Semis | (C3) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (E4) New York Islanders

Phil

Who wins?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Isles in 4
    • Isles in 5
    • Isles in 6
    • Isles in 7

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to say it but: the Islanders are awesome and the coliseum is the best rink in the league. Hurts but it’s true.

Fun Police Eddy O bitching about the cans is so lame lol.

Yup. Just fucking electric. Because it doesn't cost $7,481 for four tickets and a couple of beers to enjoy the night by going to an Isles game.

I know it would never happen, but I honestly wish the rich teams (Toronto and the Rangers, specifically) would reserve the upper deck for average fans by keeping ticket prices there affordable. I think you'd end up with so much better a crowd on most nights if it didn't require you to take out a second mortgage on your home to afford the entry fees.

Yup. Just fucking electric. Because it doesn't cost $7,481 for four tickets and a couple of beers to enjoy the night by going to an Isles game.

I know it would never happen, but I honestly wish the rich teams (Toronto and the Rangers, specifically) would reserve the upper deck for average fans by keeping ticket prices there affordable. I think you'd end up with so much better a crowd on most nights if it didn't require you to take out a second mortgage on your home to afford the entry fees.

The Garden crowd has gotten worse since the renovations, it’s lost all its electricity

• Like 1

Phil, I remember sitting up in the Blues in section 411 when the face value of the ticket was $11, back in 1975 (I was 8 years old). In sections 414 and 415 behind the net, on the 8th Avenue side it was 8$!!!! Those 2 sections were "Party Central". I wasn't allowed to wander over there between periods!!! :rofl:

....but something kept pulling me over there!!!! Those people were the fucking best though!!! :cheers:

Yeah, being too corporate and pricing out the diehards really hurt the energy at MSG. Most of the times it seems like the fans are kind of sitting on their hands regardless, which doesn't help. When the team is losing, you very rarely hear positive chants to root them on. It seems like you only hear that stuff when they're winning by a couple of goals or something. Maybe it's just me, but Rangers crowds just seem too apprehensive to me.

Phil, I remember sitting up in the Blues in section 411 when the face value of the ticket was $11, back in 1975 (I was 8 years old). In sections 414 and 415 behind the net, on the 8th Avenue side it was 8$!!!! Those 2 sections were "Party Central". I wasn't allowed to wander over there between periods!!! :rofl:

....but something kept pulling me over there!!!! :cheers:

I wish I could have been a fan during that area. The old school energy at MSG is missed. It died in the late 90's.

The Garden crowd has gotten worse since the renovations, it’s lost all its electricity

Literally couldn’t agree more. They have literally priced out people who have had tickets forever. It used to be that the lower bowl would be half suits, half fans then up in the 300s and 400s is where the diehards sat. But now? It’s corporate everywhere. Mainly due to the prices. But also, the security has gotten SO bad. Very confrontational and moody.

The new MSG is terrible.

Yeah, being too corporate and pricing out the diehards really hurt the energy at MSG. Most of the times it seems like the fans are kind of sitting on their hands regardless, which doesn't help. When the team is losing, you very rarely hear positive chants to root them on. It seems like you only hear that stuff when they're winning by a couple of goals or something. Maybe it's just me, but Rangers crowds just seem too apprehensive to me.

For right now? Absolutely. They priced all of their diehard fans out of the building. All they care about is the money. It’s disgusting how overpriced the place is. Their idea of “cheap and affordable” are $75 tickets in the upper 200s. It’s delusional. And then they wonder why there is no home ice advantage anymore.

It's insane to me that if I wanted to take some of my family to a Rangers game at MSG, it would set you back a few thousand dollars, especially if you favor in food and drinks. LOL My dad 'joked' that you practically have to take out a second mortgage on your house to go to a sporting event.
  • Like 1

And the absolute worst thing they could do is what they’ve done with all day games now: they’re all kids days. I’m not opposed whatsoever to the day games being games families could go to. But what they’ve done on those days is disgusting. They literally don’t let you by alcohol. Usually, it’s 2 beverages per ID. On day games, not only is it just one, but they leave only one beer stand open per level. So if you do want a beer, you’re gonna miss at the very least a half a period going to get it, which is simply unfair. If you wanna bring your kids, fine. But if you wanna go to a day game and have a few beers with friends, that shouldn’t be forbidden.

I went to a Saturday afternoon day game vs. the Islanders a few years ago and had no idea this was in effect. I took the day off from work and went to the game with my wife and we planned on making a day of it, as we knew other friends going to the game. We all could not believe that they basically told us that because it was a day game, drinking was essentially forbidden. I get it’s not for everyone, but Jesus, let us make our own decisions.

Absolutely ridiculous. I remember back in the day the Coliseum would end beer sales for Ranger games after 1.5 periods, to limit fighting. Okay. Fine. But the stands were open.

Even day games vs. non-rivals you can’t get drinks anymore. It’s absurd.

Old rinks are always better for atmosphere. Character is important. That's true at all levels, in all sports.

However, the marketing people think it's more important to be able to order sushi, or 24 oz's of Prime Rib to your seat. Character is out of style, consumerism is the boss.