• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21 | Semis | (C3) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (E4) New York Islanders

Phil

Who wins?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Isles in 4
    • Isles in 5
    • Isles in 6
    • Isles in 7

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When he first got the puck and didn’t shoot, I was screaming. But when he pulled that move off, I was in disbelief. One hell of a move in the dying seconds, and I can’t believe he had the balls to try to pull that off under those circumstances. Wild ending. Unbelievable play by Pullock.

Time to start prepping for the worst. Luckily I don’t live on Long Island anymore but this (an Isles Cup) would rank up there in misery with the Eagles winning a Super Bowl for me. Only team worse to win a Cup would be the Flyers based on my location.

Hopefully Tampa steps it up in game 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Tampa’s best period of the series by a mile. I don’t disagree with Trotz pulling Varlamov there at all to try and wake the team up. But if not for Varlamov, it’d be 4-0 or maybe even 5-0. I thought he should have called a time out after the 2nd goal. Tampa had them running by that point.

I look at this two-gold. On one hand, each game is its individual entity. They start all over from scratch Wednesday at what will be a loud, emotional crowd at the Coliseum. Not only is that team facing elimination, but that fucking dump is facing permanent extinction with a loss. You can bet that will be the mantra of the players going in: don’t die at home and have the last memory of that shithole be them on the wrong side of a handshake line. So, you know that between their experience, this ass kicking, the thought this may be the last ever game at the Coliseum, that everyone wearing that jersey on Wednesday in that building, fans and players alike, will die on the hill forcing this back to Tampa for Game 7.

That being said, Tampa has 10 goals in the last 80 minutes of play. And they’ve scored 5 each in almost 40 minutes of play each against both of the superb Islander goalies. So, either they’re red hot or they’ve figured out something with their experiences against this Islander team. Either way, not a good situation to be in for the Isles. And let me make it clear: not much of this is on the goaltending. Varlamov was pulled tonight as a ploy by Trotz to wake the team up. But they were already so far gone, and Sorokins job was to take this one square on the chin, which he did.

So, we will see. When Tampa gets going, which it appears they right now are, they are next to impossible to stop. But, they will be facing one of the most emotional home crowds in recent memory on Wednesday that knows this might be the absolute final stand in Uniondale.

No way the discipline consultants have the balls to suspend Barzal. $5K fine. Tampa can tell itself a hundred times that they will be facing a different Islander team Wednesday, but can they make themselves really feel that way? We'll see.

NHL tonight had great clip from Islanders' viewing party at the Mausoleum. After a Tampa goal, a frustrated fan rips off his Islanders' jersey and stomps off. He returns with the jersey on. After the next Tampa goal, he rips it off and stomps off... again.