• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

could be cheap, short term deal.

He's still got it and can contribute on the bottom 6. Also just seems to be a guy who seems to always be going pretty deep in the playoffs.

Wing isn't exactly a need for us, but, if there's room for a guy like him on the 4th line, it could be low risk-high reward

if we end up having a shit season, he is very much tradeable to most playoff teams. If we are much better, he'll be a good guy to have in a playoff series.

could be cheap, short term deal.

He's still got it and can contribute on the bottom 6. Also just seems to be a guy who seems to always be going pretty deep in the playoffs.

Wing isn't exactly a need for us, but, if there's room for a guy like him on the 4th line, it could be low risk-high reward

if we end up having a shit season, he is very much tradable to most playoff teams. If we are much better, he'll be a good guy to have in a playoff series.

I like the idea, 3B...you hit it though...I don't think we need a wing like him just yet.

I'm liking Simon's idea of having more of an enforcer type right now. Maybe in a couple of seasons we won't need a "watch dog" once the kids grow up a bit, but right now I like the idea of having a little "insurance policy" on that 4th line.

If we get in a playoff run, we may be able to trade for a guy like Perry if we need to.

I like the idea, 3B...you hit it though...I don't think we need a wing like him just yet.

I'm liking Simon's idea of having more of an enforcer type right now. Maybe in a couple of seasons we won't need a "watch dog" once the kids grow up a bit, but right now I like the idea of having a little "insurance policy" on that 4th line.

If we get in a playoff run, we may be able to trade for a guy like Perry if we need to.

exacto

He would have been a good fit this season. They needed a physical grunt that could slide up and down the lineup, whom also flips the switch come playoff time.

I want to add those types. Get them into the playoffs and watch em go.

Well he's more "in your face" and gritty/scrapy than he is tough. But he certainly isn't soft

this was my thinking with posting this target

He can bring some snarl. But the toughness isnt just about being a fighter, its also about how you battle for your space and your offense. I think he can help with that.

He's old, sure, but its not an accident that teams he plays for tend to go deep in playoffs more often than not

The problem with Perry is he's not really the guy you want on your roster all regular season, he's the guy you want from the trade deadline through the playoffs, where he's most valuable. Like Pat Maroon.

He's also a RW, where the team needs no help. They already have Gauthier on the outside looking in. Problem will only intensify barring he or Blackwell getting plucked by Seattle.

But if you can bring him in like Montreal did, basically for league minimum, fuck it.