• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21 | NDSR | (N3) Winnipeg Jets vs. (N4) Montreal Canadiens

Who Wins?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Jets in 4
    • Jets in 5
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much vintage Carey Price right now. He couldn't stop much of anything during the season and right now he's playing some of the best hockey he's played in a couple of years, at least. I'm not a huge Montreal guy, but it's hard not to respect what they've done. They are on the precipice of knocking out another very good team.

Highly unlikely but it would be kind of cool to have a Bruins/Canadiens Stanley Cup Final.

2 Eastern teams

2 teams from the same division (in a normal year) in the Final

2 Original 6

They've played each other in the postseason 34 times including seven times in the Stanley Cup Final. That would be a pretty cool situation and a nice novelty for the league. The last time it happened was in back to back years in '77 and '78 when the alignments were different.

Seven straight wins are seven straight wins. The Canadiens are no worse than the North Stars of '81 and '92, the Canucks of '82 and '94 or the Flyers of '10, all of whom somehow got to the finals. Those kind of extreme dark horses never win in the end, however.

Seven straight wins are seven straight wins. The Canadiens are no worse than the North Stars of '81 and '92, the Canucks of '82 and '94 or the Flyers of '10, all of whom somehow got to the finals. Those kind of extreme dark horses never win in the end, however.

How often do the underdogs ever actually Win the cup?

This will be an easy win for Tampa/vegas/Colorado Boston/isles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How often do the underdogs ever actually Win the cup?

This will be an easy win for Tampa/vegas/Colorado Boston/isles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing at first, but I'm not sure it's that simple. Price is playing at a "steal the Cup" level.

Factually true, but the 2004 Flames and the 2006 Oilers came incredibly close, too close for comfort in fact. So no reason why the Canadiens couldn't do the same, especially with the way Price is playing and the rest of the team, as woefully inept on skill as they are, is playing very simple effective playoff hockey.

Factually true, but the 2004 Flames and the 2006 Oilers came incredibly close, too close for comfort in fact. So no reason why the Canadiens couldn't do the same, especially with the way Price is playing and the rest of the team, as woefully inept on skill as they are, is playing very simple effective playoff hockey.

I think the smart money is on the luck running out here, but so long as they stay disciplined and Price is this dialed in, who knows?