• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21 | NDSR | (N3) Winnipeg Jets vs. (N4) Montreal Canadiens

Who Wins?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Jets in 4
    • Jets in 5
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

GDT_2018-19_Header.png?raw=1

(N3) Winnipeg Jets vs. (N4) Montreal Canadiens

E2wqkYKWQAAwA9c?format=jpg&name=small

SERIES SCHEDULE:

39aNGXm.png

REGULAR SEASON RECORDS:

Jets: 29-23-3, 61 points

Canadiens: 24-21-11, 59 points

SEASON SERIES:

WPG 6-3-0; MTL 3-3-3

GDT_2018-19_Spacer.png?raw=1

[table=width: 650, align: center]

[tr]

[td]THERE'S A FIRST TIME FOR EVERYTHING[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

The Winnipeg Jets and the Montreal Canadiens have never faced off against each other in the playoffs, in either of Winnipeg's stints in the league. The Winnipeg Jets are 16-23 in playoff appearances since moving from Atlanta. The Montreal Canadiens are 431-315 all-time in playoff matches. The Jets have made the playoffs each of the past four seasons, advancing to the conference finals in 2018, but losing to the Vegas Golden Knights. The Canadiens last made the playoffs in each of the past two seasons.[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]THEY'RE NOT WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Both the Jets and Canadiens pulled off massive upsets in the first round against the Oilers and Maple Leafs respectively. While both teams enjoyed underdog status in the first round, the Jets are heavily favoured against the Canadiens.

meYokae.png [/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

BSBH_GDT_Footer1.gif?raw=1

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same reason Graves’ hit the other night was - you are preying on a guy who is defenseless, late, with the intention of hurting him. Cant look at that play and tell me this was about stopping a goal

Sure you can. An eye blink earlier and he's preventing an empty net goal.

Sure you can. An eye blink earlier and he's preventing an empty net goal.

Yepp exactly.

Stops skating a few seconds before contact, shoulder to chest, doesn’t lift off the ice until after contact, elbow doesn’t come up until after contact.

Was it unnecessary? Okay maybe but it wasn’t dirty.

The Montreal player went flying so it looks a lot more vicious than it was IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Another look in full speed:

https://twitter.com/TheHockeyNews/status/1400275327692193792

Way too close to call this late. Evans made a pretty quick, nifty move to execute the wrap around unexpectedly quick. Even with that, the only reason he was able to put the puck in the net was because Scheifele stopped skating around the hashmarks and glided the rest of the way.

Let the apologists chime in on what was, whether "dirty" or not, one of he more dangerous plays I've seen. Primary hit to upper chest? I don't know, the forearm was up and it hit the jaw with such impact that it turned his head around like Linda Blair in sickening fashion. He's concussed or worse on a forearm to the jaw with the force of a 200 foot dash behind it. I'm sure the doctors in the hospital will say "oh, primary point of impact was upper chest, no problem!"

Let the apologists chime in on what was, whether "dirty" or not, one of he more dangerous plays I've seen. Primary hit to upper chest? I don't know, the forearm was up and it hit the jaw with such impact that it turned his head around like Linda Blair in sickening fashion. He's concussed or worse on a forearm to the jaw with the force of a 200 foot dash behind it. I'm sure the doctors in the hospital will say "oh, primary point of impact was upper chest, no problem!"

Ban wrap around empty net attempts then, knowing they might be challenged physically from the front of the net.

I don't know what Scheifele is supposed to do there. Let him score for free? It was bang bang and he almost prevented that goal. The reaction is purely because of how vicious the hit looked and the fact the kid got his bell rung pretty good. I hope he's ok.

If Evans had peeked around his shoulder, he would've seen Scheifele coming, picked up the puck and stopped behind the net and maybe waited for someone to pass it to. Instead he blindly skates it around the net, fully focused on scoring the goal and oblivious to everything around him. Wasn't even a late hit. I would say 0.3-0.4s after the puck left his stick.