• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Making Front Office Changes; Bobrov Gone, Gordie Clark Demoted?

Phil

Was it just me or did Kravtsov play hard and fast his first 5 games or so? Then he slowly got Quinnified and played with less enthusiasm and speed. I'm really hoping the new coaching staff lets the talent show their talent without worrying too much about breaking a coach rule.

Yea, he got "Quinnified" the same as the MVP candidate, Norris candidate, etc.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But that type of mentality you see from the Islanders, even the TB guys, the relentlessness to get the puck, that's contagious. You start playing like that, winning, guys feel good, confidence is high, and you just have that feeling you can go dominate guys in every aspect of the game. They didnt have any of that the last 3 seasons. Missing that Culture.

I feel like before covid last season, the Rangers kinda DID have that. They had a little more attitude. They would fight for pucks and head towards the net. Zibanejad especially. We were worried about his concussion history because he WAS flying to the net and going to the middle of the ice.

Somewhere they flipped a switch and became reliant on that over used cross ice off wing one timer. It was like watching Jagr on the PP when he was super successful here. The set play was drop pass or cross ice feed to Jagr on the right point for the shot. This year Zibanejad and Panarin relied heavily on that feed for the one timer. It was predictable yet somehow effective. But it didn't bring the success the entire team had the year prior when they were red hot.

But when you have a lethal shot that is constantly coming from the perimeter , not the slot, not on a drive to the net , or any dirty areas.... ...

I need to see more dirt and movement towards the net from Kravtsov before I get on board. I hate seeing shots from behind the circles and from along the boards. Where can I find a shot tracker to see where his shots were coming from?

I'm glad Kravstov turned everything around after such a bad first year with the organization. It shows he's not the prissy bitch I thought he was. He looks and plays small though. Hopefully that changes as he grows more as a player.

I watched too many of his games in the KHL this season, and he showed all of that. He scored goals right in front. He didnt get a ton of rebound goals, but that's more due to the team/linemates.

This season, he worked on all of that shit in the KHL. We saw it his first few games here, then he went to the 4th line and was quiet. But he really improved on going to the net, going to the corners, the defensive game, etc. On the PP, he played on the right wall the first half, then the slot position, and would occasionally shift down to the man in front screening. Even coming up the ice, he really tries to get to the center of the ice and following up by going to the net. For a kid growing up in systems/country that dont play that way, he showed a lot of improvement in those areas.

I doubt any highlight vids would show some of this. Look up Alex Nunn's twitter. He posted a bunch of highlights from kravtsov throughout the season showing his all around play.

Was it just me or did Kravtsov play hard and fast his first 5 games or so? Then he slowly got Quinnified and played with less enthusiasm and speed. I'm really hoping the new coaching staff lets the talent show their talent without worrying too much about breaking a coach rule.

He as well as anyone who comes here, starts off loose and is all over the place with that "buzz". Quinn even said he was going to let him do his thing when he got here. Saying something about how you have to let players with skill, play the way they're used to playing and not changing their game much. That drove me nuts because he absolutely didn't do that with anyone else.

I think Kravtsov played with energy throughout, but he quickly shifted to a more perimeter style. I don't know if that was Quinning or more or less fitting in with what the rest of the team was doing.

Key word people keep putting out there is mentality or mindset. When every player is playing scared, soft and perimeter or you have no leader player by example of any other way, I think the team adopts said soft nature and it becomes ingrained. It also doesn't help when you bench net drivers or grit for taking penalties. You can't yank the chain on the players who do more of the things that you want in favor of the players who do the exact opposite.

• Like 2

That was a week ago LOL. Come on, dude. Do better. Someone else brought him up last night. You have an issue, go after him about it.

Also note the part your forgot to bold...

"I didn't bring up Walhstrom."

*Is proven he literally started the conversation a week ago*

"Oh c'mon, do better."

...okay.

• Like 1

"I didn't bring up Walhstrom."

*Is proven he literally started the conversation a week ago*

"Oh c'mon, do better."

...okay.

Yeah let's go back 5 years and pull up hot takes as long as we're not putting context around any discussion. Give me a break. The idea of needing one player Style versus another has nothing to do with a comment made a week ago on whether or not the team has drafted well. That conversation is over and done with.

Maybe you'd do better to just stick to discussing the players and focus less of your attention on me.

He as well as anyone who comes here, starts off loose and is all over the place with that "buzz". Quinn even said he was going to let him do his thing when he got here. Saying something about how you have to let players with skill, play the way they're used to playing and not changing their game much. That drove me nuts because he absolutely didn't do that with anyone else.

I think Kravtsov played with energy throughout, but he quickly shifted to a more perimeter style. I don't know if that was Quinning or more or less fitting in with what the rest of the team was doing.

Key word people keep putting out there is mentality or mindset. When every player is playing scared, soft and perimeter or you have no leader player by example of any other way, I think the team adopts said soft nature and it becomes ingrained. It also doesn't help when you bench net drivers or grit for taking penalties. You can't yank the chain on the players who do more of the things that you want in favor of the players who do the exact opposite.

yeah I recall Quinn saying ~ he was going to "let him play" didnt want him to "over think, just play his game.

At the end of the season, Quinn even made a comment about 'leashes', almost saying what you are saying.

Too little, too late, though.

Totally remember that. Drove me nuts because it came out as pure bullshit since he never actually put that into practice across 3 years, except for the select few top players.

I watched too many of his games in the KHL this season, and he showed all of that. He scored goals right in front. He didnt get a ton of rebound goals, but that's more due to the team/linemates.

This season, he worked on all of that shit in the KHL. We saw it his first few games here, then he went to the 4th line and was quiet. But he really improved on going to the net, going to the corners, the defensive game, etc. On the PP, he played on the right wall the first half, then the slot position, and would occasionally shift down to the man in front screening. Even coming up the ice, he really tries to get to the center of the ice and following up by going to the net. For a kid growing up in systems/country that dont play that way, he showed a lot of improvement in those areas.

I doubt any highlight vids would show some of this. Look up Alex Nunn's twitter. He posted a bunch of highlights from kravtsov throughout the season showing his all around play.

Yeahhhh, but the KHL is the KHL.

I give him credit for his change in effort and attitude after his disaster of the year prior.

But doing those things in the KHL doesn't exactly translate to the NHL. He came here like lightning in a bottle (atleast with his playing style) and cooled off pretty quickly. Was that due to the size and speed of the NHL, or just team mentality and Quinning that did that?

:repped:

Yeahhhh, but the KHL is the KHL.

I give him credit for his change in effort and attitude after his disaster of the year prior.

But doing those things in the KHL doesn't exactly translate to the NHL. He came here like lightning in a bottle (atleast with his playing style) and cooled off pretty quickly. Was that due to the size and speed of the NHL, or just team mentality and Quinning that did that?

He got moved to the 4th line, and was overthinking his game.

But, Trouba and Kreider went down, the team was deflated, no one looked good at the end. Plus Kravtsov hasnt had much time off in 1.5 years. Was in Hartford, went to KHL, went to VHL, then KHL, then went to Hartford, to train in KHL, to NHL Bubble camp, to KHL for the season, then to NYR.