• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21 | EDSR | (E3) Boston Bruins vs. (E4) New York Islanders

Phil

Who wins?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Bruins in 4
    • Bruins in 5
    • Bruins in 6
    • Bruins in 7
    • Isles in 4
    • Isles in 5
    • Isles in 6
    • Isles in 7

Good teams get outplayed and still win. So do lucky ones. We'll see which one the Islanders really are.

They've done it consistently since Trotz took over. It's not luck.

It's incredibly impressive, tough as that might be to admit for a Rangers fan.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I like the Islanders. I think I can do that, as I'm not in the NYC area. It's a hockey team, built by people that were cast aways, and thought to be behind the times, built as a a basic hockey team. No bullshit. No algorithms. Just basic hockey.

Looks at the Lou vs. Dubas angle. It's really embarrassing for the TML.

Isles showing their mettle! ( Matt Barzal is a prime example. No quit, ever! ) NYR are hard pressed to show theirs in the regular season, let alone the play-offs. Face reality people, the NYR are miles away from reaching the playing capability that the Isles have shown against a supposedly out-matched opponent. The next game vs. Boston may very well define what the end result will be.

The above says it in a nutshell. Exciting victory for the Isles on Boston turf. Back to NY for the next - and hopefully - final game of this series. The Beantowners, starting from the coach on down, surely have a frustrated look on their faces.

They've done it consistently since Trotz took over. It's not luck.

It's incredibly impressive, tough as that might be to admit for a Rangers fan.

"some luck you make."

The Islanders are a shining example of how to build a hockey team. Greater than the sum of their parts in every way and anchored by stellar-when-tested goaltending. They remind me of the early 2010's Rangers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

"some luck you make."

The Islanders are a shining example of how to build a hockey team. Greater than the sum of their parts in every way and anchored by stellar-when-tested goaltending. They remind me of the early 2010's Rangers.

A Ranger team that wasn't so much the product of some grand design, as it was happenstance. The successor of a Renney team that was total serendipity. Just good coaching, good buy-in, and deploying what was available correctly.

"Greater than the sum of its parts." I was literally just coming in to say that. lol The comparison to the early 2010 Rangers is pretty spot on too. Neither team was necessarily a joy to watch every night, but they just knew how to grind it out game after game, with a Hall of Fame goaltender to boot.

Unbelievable. Cassidy fined $25K for his comments in the postgame.

Listen, I get that it’s a fast sport and fast paced this time of year. But it is ridiculous that Charron and St. Laurent will get away with zero punishment and crazy enough still be allowed to officiate games moving forward. If they hadn’t done such a piss poor job last night, none of this happens. And the NHL needs to start holding their officials to a higher standard, because quite frankly, last night was an embarrassment.

Someone brought up a good point too. When Tortorella went off after that incident where there was a clock error late in a game for CBJ against Chicago, which led to a shootout where Korpisalo got hurt, he got fined $20K. And that rant was 50 times worse than what Cassidy had said. So how does he get $25K? Because it’s the playoffs? What’s the standard? Because if the fines worsen come playoff time for talking in post game pressers about the refs needing to be better, than maybe the refs should be penalized when they don’t do their job, you know, better.

Someone brought up a good point too. When Tortorella went off after that incident where there was a clock error late in a game for CBJ against Chicago, which led to a shootout where Korpisalo got hurt, he got fined $20K. And that rant was 50 times worse than what Cassidy had said. So how does he get $25K? Because it’s the playoffs? What’s the standard? Because if the fines worsen come playoff time for talking in post game pressers about the refs needing to be better, than maybe the refs should be penalized when they don’t do their job, you know, better.

inflation

• Like 1

I don't think Boston will dominate Game 6 as they did Game 5. In a roughly evenly played game, it comes down to Varlamov v. Rask and puck luck. I'm not liking the chances of Rask coming back with a big game. The man went home in the middle of the playoffs last year, and he might have one foot out the door in Boston.

"some luck you make."

The Islanders are a shining example of how to build a hockey team.

And Garth Snow is bussing tables and rasping "I coulda bin a contenda" to whoever will listen.