• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Adam Fox is Clear Norris Winner in Athletic's NHL Awards for the 2020-21 Season

Flynn

Fox is going to surprise us again and take a team friendly deal

Still think he takes a Chabot deal, even though he knows hes worth more. He wants to be here. I mean he pressured his way off two franchises to get here and he hadn't even made a dime yet.

Thing is that there's not much that wouldn't technically be team friendly, because if he plays like he did in this season for the next 8 years, he's probably "valued" at well over 12M/year.

Given that the Norris is voted on by sportswriters, this bodes well.

Vince talked to the Columbus beat writer who gave an absentminded vote to Hedman based on previous success and that they got into the playoffs. Vince responded with actual stats for his reasoning for voting Fox and made the guy look pretty bad IMO.

But I imagine there are many people like the Columbus writer out there.

What Fox gets I think will at least in part be contingent upon what Makar gets from Colorado.

Maker’s ELC expires this summer, and Colorado is going to lock him up long-term. 8 years and big dollars.

Fox has a year left on ELC. But I think he gets a similar deal. Possibly a bit less money, but I think an 8 year deal.

Also, they’re basically the same age

Fox is like 8 months older.

What’s the contract for Makar look like?

Thoughts?

What Fox gets I think will at least in part be contingent upon what Makar gets from Colorado.

Maker’s ELC expires this summer, and Colorado is going to lock him up long-term. 8 years and big dollars.

Fox has a year left on ELC. But I think he gets a similar deal. Possibly a bit less money, but I think an 8 year deal.

Also, they’re basically the same age

Fox is like 8 months older.

What’s the contract for Makar look like?

Thoughts?

Fox ain't getting less than Makar unless he takes a discount IMO