• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ex-Rangers to Root for in the Playoffs

fletch

With the Rangers out of the playoffs, which former Rangers would you be happy to see have a deep playoff run/Cup?

1. Zuccarello/Talbot-Wild - ELIMINATED 1st Round

2. Fast/Skjei-Hurricanes - ELIMINATED 2nd Round

3. Stralman/Yandle-Panthers - ELIMINATED 1st Round

4. Pionk-Jets - ELIMINATED 2nd Round

5. Holden-Knights ELIMINATED conference finals

6. Staal-Canadiens ELIMINATED Stanley Cup Final

There's a pretty steep drop-off for me for the next group given the success they have already experienced.

McDonagh-Lightning Another Cup

Hagelin-Capitals - ELIMINATED 1st Round

Who am I missing?

The guys I'm rooting for are Zuc, Fast and Pionk. I'd root for McD and Hags, but they've already won, and besides, Hags is voluntarily getting dressed in the same locker room as Tom Wilson.

Stralman is a distant memory.

I'll root for Yandle, as he coach just screwed him on his streak.

Staal? What are you talking about? The Wings are not in the playoffs. You say Eric Staal once played for the Rangers? Oh come on, that's bull!

Worst fanbase in the league. They jumped on the bandwagon when they won the cup and then left. Two-thirds Rangers' fans when we play there. Far worse location for a team than Arizona.

Living in Charlotte I get far too much.. They are only interested when they are good.. I follow several of their media guys because of other sports, the level of whining about officiating this series has been off the charts.

And Sod, you are 100% correct.. Ranger games it almost seems like MSG south

Living in Charlotte I get far too much.. They are only interested when they are good.. I follow several of their media guys because of other sports, the level of whining about officiating this series has been off the charts.

cant blame the franchise for it though. almost every venue is like that. lots of ex NYers everywhere.

the rest--sounds much like Shittsburgh fans

• 2 weeks later...

The game down there a few years ago played on a day of snowfall (half inch) was hilarious. 100% Rangers fans. No one from North Carolina showed.