• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers, Jackets Could Battle Over Gallant

Phil

If you believe you are still 2 years away from competing, you can't trade away any of the kids or prospects. You'll need entry-level contracts. Plus, who knows what someone like Eichel vs Kakko looks like in 2 seasons.

I think Drury is going to set them up to take a big step forward this season, adding that leadership and muscle. But complimentary pieces, not a big fish. After next season, they'll have a better idea of what they'll have in Lafreniere, Kakko, Miller, Kravtsov, etc. That offseason, Strome and Zibanejad are up for contracts. I think that's when you determine if you need a big piece to add.

Probably, but Eichel won't wait. Or the Sabres won't. They want to end this soon. They're not bringing him back, so if you punt on this call, you punt on Eichel entirely. He'll end up in Minnesota or wherever else, guaranteed.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably, but Eichel won't wait. Or the Sabres won't. They want to end this soon. They're not bringing him back, so if you punt on this call, you punt on Eichel entirely. He'll end up in Minnesota or wherever else, guaranteed.

Fine with me, honestly. I don't really see the need for a center like everyone else does. Don't get me wrong, If we get Eichel I'll probably sell myself on it and get hyped, but right now I don't think a major splash is necessary.

At this point, I'm willing to let an injured organizational cancer go elsewhere over giving up a top prospect.

Now, if it's a Trouba-like trade, I'll re-evaluate.

I mean, it's not like the Rangers need to add talent... as weird as that is saying about a top center in the NHL.

Fine with me, honestly. I don't really see the need for a center like everyone else does. Don't get me wrong, If we get Eichel I'll probably sell myself on it and get hyped, but right now I don't think a major splash is necessary.

I think they need a center, just not specifically an Eichel-like center. I think they need a rock-solid third-line center in the vein of Jordan Staal. Oozing in leadership and work ethic with actual scoring upside.

At this point, I'm willing to let an injured organizational cancer go elsewhere over giving up a top prospect.

Now, if it's a Trouba-like trade, I'll re-evaluate.

I mean, it's not like the Rangers need to add talent... as weird as that is saying about a top center in the NHL.

Sure, I'm good with it, too. I don't think they need Eichel either. I'm just saying, this particular player will 100% not be available if you punt.

I think they need a center, just not specifically an Eichel-like center. I think they need a rock-solid third-line center in the vein of Jordan Staal. Oozing in leadership and work ethic with actual scoring upside.

Sure, I'm good with it, too. I don't think they need Eichel either. I'm just saying, this particular player will 100% not be available if you punt.

Well, yes. I agree with that 100% "Don't need a center" was a poor choice of words. They don't need a 10m dollar center.