• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers, Jackets Could Battle Over Gallant

Phil

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I get it, I just don't agree with it. You're assuming the worst when there's no reason to. Rod is an old school leader. Goes to the mat for his team. All of them. He's not blindly loyal, he's loyal to his team, who've proven they know what they're doing.

No, I get it, I just don't agree with it. You're assuming the worst when there's no reason to. Rod is an old school leader. Goes to the mat for his team. All of them. He's not blindly loyal, he's loyal to his team, who've proven they know what they're doing.

it sounded it like he was loyal to his friends, which could be detrimental.

it sounded it like he was loyal to his friends, which could be detrimental.

It could be, but, the proof is in the pudding, as they say. His stance is more that all should be looked after, as all contributed, more so than nepotism.

Hey Larry - why the fuck would they go after Paul Maurice after the shit that went down with Laine - Wheeler? That's the shit they need to stay away from.

Larry trolling us again!! I'm not chasing the lure!! ;)

Hey Larry - why the fuck would they go after Paul Maurice after the shit that went down with Laine - Wheeler? That's the shit they need to stay away from.

Maurice is a terrible option, but to be fair to Larry, he may just be reporting what he heard from someone inside the org.

Maurice is a terrible option, but to be fair to Larry, he may just be reporting what he heard from someone inside the org.

And Larry's response should have been "why the fuck would they go after Paul Maurice after the shit that went down with Laine - Wheeler?"

What specifically are you referring to?

https://novacapsfans.com/2021/01/26/report-patrik-laine-revealed-reason-for-leaving-winnipeg-rude-treatment-in-locker-room/

Finnish interview right after the trade suggests that Maurice and Laine didn't have an awesome relationship, and that Wheeler and Scheifele both felt threatened by him and did not like him. Giant grain of salt thing, IMO.

https://novacapsfans.com/2021/01/26/report-patrik-laine-revealed-reason-for-leaving-winnipeg-rude-treatment-in-locker-room/

Finnish interview right after the trade suggests that Maurice and Laine didn't have an awesome relationship, and that Wheeler and Scheifele both felt threatened by him and did not like him. Giant grain of salt thing, IMO.

Oh... That got debunked.

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2021/02/laine-opens-up-about-relationship-with.html

What specifically are you referring to?

on-going lockerroom issues.

https://www.hockeyinsiders.net/articles/report-laine-was-bullied-by-jets-teammates/

Source A made it clear to me that the problem was entirely on Winnipeg’s power brokers — from ownership to general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff to coach Paul Maurice to Wheeler, who runs the dressing room along with alternate captain Scheifele and have repeatedly butted heads with the more laid-back Laine. In his mind, they’ve cultivated a toxic environment that had Laine looking for the quickest exit.

The issues in Winnipeg right now have to deal more with issues in the dressing room between competing personalities. And when there is a divided room, that gets around the leagu

“I’m surprised it’s been allowed to go on this long without people in charge getting in there and cleaning it up. It’s going to have a great impact around the league with people choosing whether to play in Winnipeg or not.”

After the trade happened Blake Wheeler publicly acknowledged that he should have handled his relationship with Laine better.

This isn't the first time there's been drama in WInnipeg, as we all remember the locker room pushing Evander Kane out of town.

First it was Kane that was an issue, then Byfuglien, then it was Trouba for wanting out, Chiarot, then Laine.

Prior to season:

https://pattitherivercityrenegade.wordpress.com/2021/01/05/laffaire-laine-are-paul-maurice-and-blake-wheeler-chasing-puck-finn-out-of-town/

Here’s my guess: Head coach Paul Maurice and captain Blake Wheeler, with perhaps a small side order of Rink Rat Scheifele.

I’m just spitballing here, Patty, but I’m thinking that you just might be thinking what I’m thinking about Coach PoMo and Wheeler: Their bromance is kind of creepy. As far as I can tell, albeit from a distance, it’s the only thing keeping you relegated to second-line duty, skating on greybeard Paul Stastny’s right flank rather than beside the in-his-prime Scheifele.

I just shudder to think they might be chasing you out of town

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nhl/news/winnipeg-jets-practice-fight-video-blake-wheeler-ben-chiarot-mark-scheifele/1posuowppu7wz1cg285go1wpv7

Jets captain Blake Wheeler was asked to leave practice Saturday after he was involved in a skirmish with teammate Ben Chiarot, according to reporters' accounts from the scene

Blake Wheeler and Ben Chiarot just fought with each other here at practice. Appears that Wheeler took a slap shot at Chiarot. Looks like Scheifele cross-checked Chiarot and then Wheeler stepped in and began throwing punches at Chiarot. #NHLJets

— Scott Billeck (@ScottBilleck) March 24, 2018

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nhl/news/winnipeg-jets-captain-blake-wheeler-accepts-blame-fight-practice-teammate-ben-chiarot-mark-scheifele-paul-maurice/2buo08v0p70m13arulw7mtsg4

'It was all me' -- Jets' captain Wheeler blames self for fight with teammate Chiarot

Wheeler came out and apologized for the 'situation'
And never acknowledged what the situation was.

Doesn't make me worry about Maurice tho.

What makes me more worried about Maurice is that he's had some very good teams flame out early.

For some reason, I’ve never been a big fan of Paul Maurice. I’m not sure he can handle a major market like New York.

I still go back to Gallant. I just think he’s the perfect fit. Of all the names written in Larry’s article the other day of potential coaches who might become available, the only one I’d have some level of interest in is Brind’Amour. But, I wouldn’t risk losing out on Gallant to wait and see if he becomes available.

From the way things sound, I’m almost at a point where I would be surprised if it wasn’t Gallant.

For some reason, I’ve never been a big fan of Paul Maurice. I’m not sure he can handle a major market like New York.

I still go back to Gallant. I just think he’s the perfect fit. Of all the names written in Larry’s article the other day of potential coaches who might become available, the only one I’d have some level of interest in is Brind’Amour. But, I wouldn’t risk losing out on Gallant to wait and see if he becomes available.

From the way things sound, I’m almost at a point where I would be surprised if it wasn’t Gallant.

Can someone explain to me why Rod the Bod is considered a better coach than Gallant? Gallant has had way more success.