• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21 | NDFR | (N1) Toronto Maple Leafs vs. (N4) Montreal Canadiens

Who wins?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

GDT_2018-19_Header.png?raw=1

(N1) Toronto Maple Leafs vs. (N4) Montreal Canadiens

E1MATubWQAE65Tn?format=jpg&name=small

SERIES SCHEDULE:

0Tyv4wr.png

REGULAR SEASON RECORDS:

Leafs: 35-13-7, 77 points

Canadiens: 24-21-11, 59 points

SEASON SERIES:

TOR 7-2-1; MTL 3-6-1

GDT_2018-19_Spacer.png?raw=1

[table=width: 650, align: center]

[tr]

[td]MAPLE LEAFS, CANADIENS SET TO CLASH IN FIRST ROUND MATCHUP[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

A playoff series 42 years in the making will take place during the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs when two Original Six franchises clash for their 16th all-time postseason meeting. With Winnipeg’s victory over Vancouver, the first-place Maple Leafs (35-13-6, 76 points) will face off against the fourth-seeded Canadiens (24-21-10, 58 points) in the playoffs for the first time since 1979. Montreal holds an 8-7 edge in the previous 15 head-to-head showdowns. [/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]FLIPPING THE CALENDAR BACK TO APRIL 1979[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Montreal’s trio of Jacques Lemaire (4-4—8), Larry Robinson (3-5—8) and Guy Lafleur (2-6—8) led all skaters in scoring when the Maple Leafs and Canadiens last met in the Stanley Cup Playoffs during the 1979 Quarterfinals. The Canadiens would complete a four-game sweep of their Original Six rival en route to capturing their 21st of an NHL-record 23 Stanley Cups (since 1917-18). [/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

BSBH_GDT_Footer1.gif?raw=1

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leafs just gotta win this one. I think they have a tougher time than many think, winning in 6, but they gotta win. Anything short of an ECF for them is a major failure.

Considering their talent and if they flop in the postseason again, they got to think about blowing it up.

Brutal incidental headshot to Tavares. Looked like a season ender to me. Looked like Perry's knee uppercut him square in the chin. Obvious bad concussion, and would be surprised if his jaw wasn't shattered.

He looked like he didn’t know where he was and that was a nasty hit to his head. Foligno goes right at Perry right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Nothing Perry could do there. It was so bang-bang.

Watching that at full speed was terrifying. And watching the trainer work on his neck and seeing him essentially go limp was really, really scary. Just a really bad situation. I hope he’s okay.

This was the worst part. Made me sick to my stomach. It's a really unfortunate incident when you watch the replay at full speed, but just a brutal knee to the head. I'm sure that's the last we'll see of Tavares this season, but at this point you just hope it's not a career ending concussion.

I said the same thing. I mean, barring anything unforeseen, I can’t imagine a scenario where he is okay to come back this season. I’m no doctor, but that was one of the worst head injuries I’ve ever seen.

I really am concerned about that being a career-ending injury. The speed of the play makes it almost unwatchable. Very scary.

I said the same thing. I mean, barring anything unforeseen, I can’t imagine a scenario where he is okay to come back this season. I’m no doctor, but that was one of the worst head injuries I’ve ever seen.

I really am concerned about that being a career-ending injury. The speed of the play makes it almost unwatchable. Very scary.

That was the most terrifying thing I've seen on the ice probably since the Pacioretty/Chara thing. And it was a straight up freak accident. There is literally nothing Perry could have done here to avoid that. You could see it in his face - Perry wasn't okay.

As for Tavares...just gotta hope for the best. Concussion isn't even in question - it's the rest - his cervical spine, his jaw, skull, face.

Just read on Twitter from Keefe’s postgame that Tavares was awake and alert at the hospital, which is wonderful news. He’s staying overnight for observation.

I completely agree there G. A lot of variables involved as far as what the potential injuries may be.

Those injuries suck, I hope Tavares is okay, but I don't think he'll play again in this series.

Nothing Perry could do there. It was so bang-bang.

Watching that at full speed was terrifying. And watching the trainer work on his neck and seeing him essentially go limp was really, really scary. Just a really bad situation. I hope he’s okay.

I also hope Tavares is okay. Perry was doing his best to avoid him (Tavares) if you look again at the footage. Nothing you could do, hockey's a fast sport, just a tough break for all that was involved.

You hate to see any player get hurt like that, let a lone a star in the league. Hope he is OK and can still play in the future. Perry couldn't do anything about that. A lot of Toronto fans think it was intentional, but I don't get how you can even think it was.