• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New York Yankees Thread

Blue Heaven

They're totally going to get swept by Tampa aren't they?

They'll probably take the game that Cole pitches, Sharpy. Of course he's gonna have to pitch a perfect game to win it, but good Lord!! I haven't seen the Yankees this anemic since I was a little kid back in the 70's.

Yesterday's game put me to sleep!! ...TWICE!!! :rofl:

Big knock from Frazier may have been just what the doctor ordered. Only thing is they went through the whole bullpen pretty much last night to win that game.

Monty is gonna have to pitch a gem tonight...we'll see how that goes....oh boy! :doh:

Another big hit from Frazier last night. This team plays really ugly baseball but their pitching has been amazing, thankfully. Their offense is still shit and their fundamentals on defense and on the bases is terrible. Cole is probably going to have to go eight innings tonight since the bullpen is gassed. Britton can't come back soon enough, to what is an already excellent group of relievers. One guy I've been impressed with is Cessa. After looking pretty dreadful his first few years, last season and so far this year, he's been proven to be very reliable.

Another big hit from Frazier last night. This team plays really ugly baseball but their pitching has been amazing, thankfully. Their offense is still shit and their fundamentals on defense and on the bases is terrible. Cole is probably going to have to go eight innings tonight since the bullpen is gassed. Britton can't come back soon enough, to what is an already excellent group of relievers. One guy I've been impressed with is Cessa. After looking pretty dreadful his first few years, last season and so far this year, he's been proven to be very reliable.

They make me wanna puke on the bases, Sharpy. They're so fucking stupid!!! How does Gary Sanchez not know when the ball is hit in front of him, that you don't run??? What a douche hat! ...and then dumb ass getting picked off!!! :doh:

I'll give Gio a pass, trying to take the extra base on the ball in the dirt, but Gleyber HAS to go on that!!! That was dumb too! Ran themselves out of that inning in a heartbeat!

Bullpen is shot, yup! I doubt we even have Chappy for today, so they better score a lot of runs...which I don't see happening.

Cole is gonna be a victim of circumstance today; He's gotta be fucking Superman and go 8 at least, like you said.

Swept by the Sox.....sweet!

...not exactly getting the warm fuzzies with this team. They can't/won't/don't play fundamental baseball. No bunts, stealing, Hit and run...nothing...just relying on the Home run...and that ain't happenin' much either.

It's like a hockey team that refuses to shoot and go to the net....Oh wait! :rofl:

This has to be the most lifeless Yankees team I've seen in a really long time. I don't think their offense has been this bad since the 70's. Even a couple of years ago, if they were down a few runs early, you figure they'd come back. Now, if they're down 3-0 or 4-0, it feels like game over. I don't know if it's a hitting coach issue or what, but most of the lineup just looks off. What the hell happened to DJ? I just think this team needs a front office shakeup first and foremost. Hal is a terrible owner who doesn't give a shit. Cashman should be first in line and then Boone next. Whether Boone is just a puppet or whatever, this organization has no clue what they're doing. Things like resting Stanton and Chapman when there are off days makes no sense whatsoever. The sabermetrics or analytics or whatever you want to call it is overkill with these people. Clean house.

This has to be the most lifeless Yankees team I've seen in a really long time. I don't think their offense has been this bad since the 70's. Even a couple of years ago, if they were down a few runs early, you figure they'd come back. Now, if they're down 3-0 or 4-0, it feels like game over. I don't know if it's a hitting coach issue or what, but most of the lineup just looks off. What the hell happened to DJ? I just think this team needs a front office shakeup first and foremost. Hal is a terrible owner who doesn't give a shit. Cashman should be first in line and then Boone next. Whether Boone is just a puppet or whatever, this organization has no clue what they're doing. Things like resting Stanton and Chapman when there are off days makes no sense whatsoever. The sabermetrics or analytics or whatever you want to call it is overkill with these people. Clean house.

A-Rod hit the nail on the head in the Red Sox game the other night, Sharpy;

He was talking about how the Red Sox play "team Baseball"....you know...sacrificing (bunts), hitting behind the runner, stealing bases, and other fundamentals of the game that the Yankees simply do NOT do. The Yanks rely on the home run and big hits that are not coming. The team plays with very little to no confidence.

I'll bet if Paul O'Neill coached this team, things would be VERY different. I like Boone, but I think there needs to be a change. There is absolutely no fire in this squad right now, and I think it needs to be addressed sooner than later if they wanna save this season.

If not, there will probably be a shakeup in the off season. There's no way you can field this much talent and get so little reward from it.

The pitching, which was the biggest question mark coming into the season, has been pretty damn impressive....especially the bullpen. Our hitting, fundamentals, especially running the bases has been equivalent to something I'd see in 8 year old tee ball. It's basically a smoldering dumpster fire that ready to burst into flames.

Yeah, there's just no excuse for the lack of fundamentals, it's really embarrassing to watch. Boone's contract expires at the end of the season, so it's possible they just decide to not bring him back. But, I don't know if I'd wait to make the move. A guy like Phil Nevin could do well in an interim basis. He's a fiery guy that doesn't take any bullshit and is out there fighting. Hell, he was arguing with umpires with an IV in his arm when Boone wasn't doing anything.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing the other night actually. I was just like, "I hate this team". lol

Sanchez and Torres, in particular, are reprehensible for me. I don't know what happened to those guys, but it honestly feels like they made it, made some money, and then simply decided to stop working. How else do can anyone explain the kind of regression they've had?

With Sanchez it's been a steady decline since they foolishly dumped Girardi. I don't know if that's coincidence since Joe was always in his ear trying to make him better and such. He's one of the biggest wastes of talent this team has had. With Torres, I never expected him to hit over 30 home runs every year. Those balls were juiced anyway. It's just the overall work ethic. Last season he shows up out of shape. Why!? This year he continues to look disinterested and still bad on the field and on the bases. Sure he's been hitting better, but still, all of the bad habits are still there.

I like Gio, Higgy and Frazier, .....Odor is fun to root for as well, but Judge is probably my favorite position player

I gotta say that I really have enjoyed watching the pitching staff more than anything this season; Montgomery, and German have done pretty well, and Taillon is making a valiant comeback from TJ surgery.

Fucking Cole should be 9-0 already, but this team refuses to play baseball. They like playing "Home Run Derby".....and they're not doing it too well.

Marking this down for the record:

The Yankees bunted successfully last night

The Yankees had a successful sacrifice fly in the same game and won 8-4.

...maybe they were in the sun too long, and got heat stroke?? In Minnesota??? :rofl:

80% of the AL East teams play the same way, and then they stare in wonder as Tampa Bays wins 95 games on a 50 million payroll.

Yup!!

Old school fundamental play is not cool anymore...it just wins games, Dunny.

I don't know man...maybe I'm just gettin' old, but when I watch teams like the Red Sox dominate with "team play", I can't help but look at Boone and be like, "Dude!! Fucking wake up!! You used to play like this!!!". I can't for the life of me figure out why this team refuses to manufacture runs.

They totally suck with RISP....I think they're last in the whole MLB...or close to it!

I'd be fine using analytics, Sharpy...but there has to be a part of the game where a team will have to sacrifice a runner over by bunting or hitting behind a runner. I can't remember a Yankee stealing a base in recent memory, other than defensive indifference either.

A team that can bunt, steal, hit and run and manufacture runs with educated base running will always seem to beat out the analytics in the long run. Tampa did it last season.

Again, I don't wanna shit all over analysis numbers. I think they have their place in today's game, but to run solely by that, and ignore old school baseball rule of thumb? That I don't agree with. I think there's a place in the game where a manager/team has to go with baseball instinct, and do what they gotta do to get the job done and win the game.

There's definitely bad joo-joo with Minnesota when it comes to playing us. The first game of the series was basically that in a nut shell. The Twins had the lead late in the game and a combination of the bullpen and defense dooms them. That happened when they had Joe Nathan. Fantastic closer, but also cursed against New York.

I'm curious to see what happens tonight. They have Happ going and we have King, who for some reason, I just don't have a whole lot of faith in.

Happ wasn't very good for us when I watched him, and King only has 2 pitches: One that travels far off the bat, and one that travels further!! LOL

I'm curious to see what happens tonight. They have Happ going and we have King, who for some reason, I just don't have a whole lot of faith in.

Happ wasn't very good for us when I watched him, and King only has 2 pitches: One that travels far off the bat, and one that travels further!! LOL

Happ - former Yankee, aging vet, and having a terrible year. That sounds like a recipe for a 3 hit shutout of the Yankees tonight