• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21 | EDFR | (E1) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (E4) New York Islanders

Phil

Who wins?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Pens in 4
    • Pens in 5
    • Pens in 6
    • Pens in 7
    • Isles in 4
    • Isles in 5
    • Isles in 6
    • Isles in 7

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall, the Islanders have not been that impressive in this series. They were more impressive in the playoffs last year. I'm not too worried about them beating Boston, but they may, of course, turn it up a notch.

As for the big three for Pitts, Malkin is on his way out. He is a positive factor only in spurts. Definitely no sustain.

I would have pulled Jarry after 3 or 4 goals. Sure, they don't have much to replace him with, but at that point, it was pretty obvious that it was unlikely they could win the game with Jarry still playing.

Am i wrong for not hating the Islanders? for most of my life they were just irrelevant. Sometimes a circus show when we played them during the dark ages. I just cant bring myself to hate them more than i despise the shittsburgh penguins

+1.

If they used a "Mr. Goalie" in that series they would've won Game 5 and probably Game 6 as well! :rofl:

Jarry was fucking horrendous for stretches of that series and that cost the Pens big time. I credit Sorokin with stealing that series for the Isles, but Jarry did very little to keep the Pens alive.