• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck Around & Find Out!

Phil

Hopefully its closer to what Bergeron signed.

If guys dont want to buy-in to the system, and just want a check - cya.

I'm hoping Drury (who came to NY for a pay day) understands that

If I'm Zib and I want to play hardball, I pull the Tavares deal as my comparable.

If I'm Drury and I want to play hardball, I pull the Bergeron deal. If I'm Drury and I want this deal to work, I point to the Barzal deal and that he's still playing because he took that flexibility. I point to Stamkos and say the same thing.

Going to be very interesting to see how this goes. I don't envy Drury though - his first offseason is going to have to entail extending the franchise defender and the top center - that's real hard.

I don’t think extending Fox is going to be that difficult. He’s blue blooded. This has always been the only place he’s wanted to play and he’s made that known. I’m not saying he’s gonna sign for nothing. But I do see him be willing to help out as far as taking a slight discount to continue playing here.

If I'm Zib and I want to play hardball, I pull the Tavares deal as my comparable.

If I'm Drury and I want to play hardball, I pull the Bergeron deal. If I'm Drury and I want this deal to work, I point to the Barzal deal and that he's still playing because he took that flexibility. I point to Stamkos and say the same thing.

Going to be very interesting to see how this goes. I don't envy Drury though - his first offseason is going to have to entail extending the franchise defender and the top center - that's real hard.

You like NY, you like your teammates, you need a team-friendly deal.

If not, what's your no-trade list. You go out on the market, no contending team has money to pay. So, you can sign in Buffalo, maybe Arizona if you're lucky. GMs in Seattle and Detroit arent going to pay.

Man, I know hindsight is what it is. But my goodness, if I can have a do-over, I’d do whatever it took to bring Josh Anderson to the Rangers from CBJ. He is absolutely flying tonight.

my feed must be delayed

(He just scored the OT beauty btw)

• Like 1

Man, I know hindsight is what it is. But my goodness, if I can have a do-over, I’d do whatever it took to bring Josh Anderson to the Rangers from CBJ. He is absolutely flying tonight.

Turns out Brooks was right as fuck. Again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, I recognize that I was mocked for being obsessive, but maybe now it has become apparent why I spent much of the preceding two or three years prodding the Rangers to trade for Josh Anderson.

https://nypost.com/2021/06/19/chicago-blackhawks-enter-jack-eichel-trade-sweepstakes/amp/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons&__twitter_impression=true

Brooksie definitely read my post last night, lol.

I don't think you'll see Zib signed in the off season. It will come down to the usual January drama, ala Lundquist, Staal, Callahan, Hayes, Kreider etc. Sometimes they get signed then and sometimes they don't. You won't see Zib on the nutra-slim diet this summer. You won't see him passing up many shots in October, either.

Could be big numbers big contract. Could be concus and the whole thing blows up.

I don't think you'll see Zib signed in the off season. It will come down to the usual January drama, ala Lundquist, Staal, Callahan, Hayes, Kreider etc. Sometimes they get signed then and sometimes they don't. You won't see Zib on the nutra-slim diet this summer. You won't see him passing up many shots in October, either.

Could be big numbers big contract. Could be concus and the whole thing blows up.

The chaos you'd be causing Gallant and the rest of the front office having neither of your top 6 centers signed beyond the season is simply untenable and frankly, kind of unfair to your new coach.

I think you'll see Zib signed before October unless his demands are excessive. I do not think we'll answer that question before free agency - I'd actually be surprised if that were the case, but I don't see a world where we willingly start the season without Zib signed. End of the day - the Rangers need stability above all else right now - last year was endless boat-rocking. I'd expect they'll seek that out and lock up Zib and/or trade for a center with term.

Turns out Brooks was right as fuck. Again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Absolutely not.

Josh Anderson had 17 g but only 24 points in 52 games. He had 1 goal and zero assists in 13 playoff games this year before Fleury gifted him one in Game 3 to tie the game. He got the OT goal too, but neither goal happens if Fleury wasn't worse than a beer league goalie handling the puck.

Now he has 3 goals and 0 assists in 15 playoff games. We already have a better version of this. #20.

Habs were a bottom-third team in overall scoring, so it's not terribly surprising Anderson isn't racking up points despite the goals. Also, 17 goals in 52 games is a 27-goal pace. That's Kreider-like. Well worth the $5.5 million cap hit considering Kreider makes $6.5 million.

Habs were a bottom-third team in overall scoring, so it's not terribly surprising Anderson isn't racking up points despite the goals. Also, 17 goals in 52 games is a 27-goal pace. That's Kreider-like. Well worth the $5.5 million cap hit considering Kreider makes $6.5 million.

I can't see the Habs letting him go, boss. Anderson's become one of those "playoff type players" you need to go deep, as his career has progressed.

I hated that Kreider contract since the minute he signed it on that trade deadline day....I think it's pretty much cock blocking Buchnevich, and Kreider is looking more and more like a 3rd line player.

I'm really hoping a dose of Vitamin Gallant is just what the doctor ordered to set a fire under his ass. If that don't work, we may be looking at a future buyout candidate.

Kreider's deal, like Anderson's, is one you kinda turn your nose up at, but can live with if and when the team makes the playoffs again. It's usually those guys playing hero.

Anderson is living up to his side of the deal this playoff season, I agree.

The issue is I just don't know for sure which Kreider we'd get in the playoffs...Dr. Jeckyl or Mr. "Hide" :rofl:

The point is we already have an Anderson, and Anderson didn't produce a single point for 12 straight playoff games, and now we are supposed to act like two empty net quality goals validates the opinion that we should have gotten him? Nah...pass on that logic.

All goals count equally. He's also been a contributor despite the lack of points. His physical play has been instrumental in why the Habs have come as far as they can. They are definitionally a "greater than the sum of their parts" club. Just like the Islanders.

All goals count equally. He's also been a contributor despite the lack of points. His physical play has been instrumental in why the Habs have come as far as they can. They are definitionally a "greater than the sum of their parts" club. Just like the Islanders.

I think you're right, Phil. It's what these guys do without the puck. That's where I think their value comes into play the most.

Sure, but we already have an Anderson. It's Kreider. He hits, uses his body in front of the net, north south player, etc. Even when everyone wants to call him invisible because he ain't scoring, much like Anderson in the playoffs, he does things he doesn't get credit for.

Sure does. The team needs more Kreider's note fewer of them. The Anderson ship sailed when he was traded to and signed long-term with Montreal. I'm not pining to acquire him. I'm saying that Brooks was right to beat the drum for him, because players like him (and Kreider) are what often put teams over the top in the postseason.