• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck Around & Find Out!

Phil

I'm not sure Chytil or Strome have a "long-term" future here. My bet is they bring most of what they had back and see if Gallant can work with them, but regardless they're in a position to really only keep one of them anyway. Strome is a UFA with serious numbers that could price them out on him quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm not sure Chytil or Strome have a "long-term" future here. My bet is they bring most of what they had back and see if Gallant can work with them, but regardless they're in a position to really only keep one of them anyway. Strome is a UFA with serious numbers that could price them out on him quickly.

Exactly. Odd man out. The cap numbers dictate it.

I'd love nothing more than Chytil outplaying Strome and winning that 2C job. It means we have a young, 65+ point 2nd line center.

I just don't see it happening based on what we've seen. Maybe Gallant can get it out of him.

No telling if he'll be priced out because there's no telling what he's going to ask for. People saying he's out due to cap are looking into a crystal ball and seeing what they want to see.

Wanna' see Chytil eating ShakeShack burgers and milkshakes all summer....while hitting the gym and turning that into raw muscle with added body weight. Let's see how (newly) effective he can be with that before sending him to do damage elsewhwere.

He's 6-2, 206...Weight and frame are not his issue.

I'd love nothing more than Chytil outplaying Strome and winning that 2C job. It means we have a young, 65+ point 2nd line center.

I just don't see it happening based on what we've seen. Maybe Gallant can get it out of him.

This.

Chytil shows brief moments of talent. But nothing he’s done on a “consistent” basis confirms he’s capable of producing like a 2C. I’d have no issues throwing him in a trade for an upgrade.

This.

Chytil shows brief moments of talent. But nothing he’s done on a “consistent” basis confirms he’s capable of producing like a 2C. I’d have no issues throwing him in a trade for an upgrade.

The coach that unlocks his mind and gets him to do things he's capable of doing with any real consistency is going to be hailed as a hero. He's too goddamn talented to be this much of an enigma, and that much is evident.

I do not have issues trading him as a key piece at this time, but you know as well as I do that if he can find his Mr. Miyagi, we'll regret that trade at some point.

The coach that unlocks his mind and gets him to do things he's capable of doing with any real consistency is going to be hailed as a hero. He's too goddamn talented to be this much of an enigma, and that much is evident.

I do not have issues trading him as a key piece at this time, but you know as well as I do that if he can find his Mr. Miyagi, we'll regret that trade at some point.

Depends on what you get back.

I don't think Dallas regrets trading Iginla because they got Nieuwendyk, and a Cup.

"Say you don't have a good rebuttal without saying you don't have a good rebuttal"

You said nothing of context to rebut, so that doesn't even make sense. Fail.

But keep trolling after a public mod warning. You know how some folks tell their toddler to "knock it off", and then let them carry on anyways?

• Like 1

No telling if he'll be priced out because there's no telling what he's going to ask for. People saying he's out due to cap are looking into a crystal ball and seeing what they want to see.

I don't really either, because I think Chytil is a wing. He does nothing in the middle of the ice to convince me he's even a center, let alone a second-line one.

The reason I don't think either is long-term is because I think they're going to look outside the org to bolster their center depth, either in free agency or a trade.

Depends on what you get back.

I don't think Dallas regrets trading Iginla because they got Nieuwendyk, and a Cup.

Exactly. I'm perfectly happy lamenting a Chytil trade ten years from now and crying into a championship or two to console myself.

Exactly. I'm perfectly happy lamenting a Chytil trade ten years from now and crying into a championship or two to console myself.

as long as its not for, what's continually suggested on the forum, and the title of the thread, the "Same Problems"

as long as its not for, what's continually suggested on the forum, and the title of the thread, the "Same Problems"

Right. No lateral move. Don't get another Strome. Get a Jordan Staal. Get what you need for what you have in excess.

Graves got the old Artemi Panarin treatment. He's not physical.

The inability to fight isn't what makes him not physical, it's his actual game-to-game play. Every game I've ever watched him in, he's not bruising anyone. He's just really big and mobile.

You said nothing of context to rebut, so that doesn't even make sense. Fail.

But keep trolling after a public mod warning. You know how some folks tell their toddler to "knock it off", and then let them carry on anyways?

That’s not what’s happening here. This is us trying really hard to be lenient and not removing multiple people from this thread. Yourself included.

Let us worry about members stepping over the line and refrain from getting into petty arguments. It’s a waste of everyone’s time.

Yup, I hear you but he plays like @170lbs. I was getting more towards 'playing stronger/bigger' but that may just be heart and drive. Cannot teach that or eat your way into it.

He’s still 21. Hasn’t developed that man strength yet. He also appears to have thick legs which that can make someone feel bigger to opponents when you are playing physical, leaning on guys, etc

With a different system that’s not “requiring guys to sprint everywhere”, we could see him use his size up the middle. And a lot of that come with confidence, too.

He’s still 21. Hasn’t developed that man strength yet. He also appears to have thick legs which that can make someone feel bigger to opponents when you are playing physical, leaning on guys, etc

With a different system that’s not “requiring guys to sprint everywhere”, we could see him use his size up the middle. And a lot of that come with confidence, too.

Yup, and I just don't think it's wise to trade that right now unless it truly is a can't pass up kind of deal. He produced on paper in limited time with a covid interruption whether anyone wants to read the stats or not. If the other parts of his game fall into line, which is entirely possible with an experienced NHL coach, he will be a top 6 C quite easily.

Let's get a British guy! Yotes are allowing Liam Kirk to negotiate with other teams and work out a trade since he won't be coming to play for them. Another Fox/Hayes type situation. Just put up 7 goals and 9 points in 7 games at Worlds.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/the-coyotes-have-given-liam-kirk-permission-to-speak-to-other-teams/

Let's get a British guy! Yotes are allowing Liam Kirk to negotiate with other teams and work out a trade since he won't be coming to play for them. Another Fox/Hayes type situation. Just put up 7 goals and 9 points in 7 games at Worlds.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/the-coyotes-have-given-liam-kirk-permission-to-speak-to-other-teams/

Only if they name him captain.

• Like 1

Between this and not changing the lines after 1 shift, I'm excited to have a new bench boss...

I think Dolan is a buffoon but who knows what coaches would have been available mid season next year after JD and Gorton kept Quinn on. I feel a bit lucky to have a real coach to start the next, non-COVID effected season.

Sure, I guess. Kirk feels like a project more for the novelty of his background as opposed to any likelihood of success. Neither of his years in Peterborough were anything special and the Petes weren't short on talent. His performance at the World Championship is encouraging but doesn't hold much weight when it's the only above-average performance he's had. I'm not trading anything more than a 6th or 7th if at all.