• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck Around & Find Out!

Phil

I recognize that as a Rangers fan, this is putting my foot in my mouth, but I'm getting so much pleasure in seeing so many questionable players getting so much money not from us for once.

Drury seemed to have a good indication of what the market was going to look like when he gave Goodrow that deal. It's a little more palatable now than it was at signing. Not that it was ever "grotesque", but just a clear overpay at the time still. Hopefully it stays that way throughout the length of the contract

Drury seemed to have a good indication of what the market was going to look like when he gave Goodrow that deal. It's a little more palatable now than it was at signing. Not that it was ever "grotesque", but just a clear overpay at the time still. Hopefully it stays that way throughout the length of the contract

I had much less issue with the AAV than the term; should really have been 3-4 years, and I would have been fine with the 3.6 million.

I recognize that as a Rangers fan, this is putting my foot in my mouth, but I'm getting so much pleasure in seeing so many questionable players getting so much money not from us for once.

I think a lot of times a team goes to the UFA market, they're going to overpay in some way; either years or cash. Not always, but in our case G makes a solid point....and I hope we're not speaking too soon, but we're "staying the course" and not going buck wild over questionable back fills.

So far, I like the Nemeth deal, and Tinordi is a low priced foot soldier that may be of service on demand should "the situation arise" for his usage. ;)