• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck Around & Find Out!

Phil

Curious, would Landeskog be an upgrade or potentially redundant to what we have?

With how much Fox is going to get, and how much Zib is probably going to get based on the new information, I don't see any way they can afford Landeskog now without losing Zib. In that case, it's a lateral move at best.

I thought it might be possible to add him in, but Fox and Zib are going to come a good deal higher than I previously thought. I was putting them both around 8 each, and it is looking more like 9-10 each. The market has been strange because the top players are not really having to take pay cuts with the flat cap. It seems to be the midrange players getting squeezed.

Also awfully young to have so many and expect to high level contend.

Whoever thinks we are contending next year is getting ahead of themselves. They need to make the playoffs first. Stanley Cup teams don't just show up one year after missing the playoffs for years. Contending takes time and lessons learned. This team is young and has the talent to eventually contend. What's important now is putting themselves into position to gain that experience and learn those lessons. Hopefully the end of it all is a cup in the years to come. Next year is all about making the playoffs and playing in at least one very competitive series. That should be the goal and the foundation to build upon.

Whoever thinks we are contending next year is getting ahead of themselves. They need to make the playoffs first. Stanley Cup teams don't just show up one year after missing the playoffs for years. Contending takes time and lessons learned. This team is young and has the talent to eventually contend. What's important now is putting themselves into position to gain that experience and learn those lessons. Hopefully the end of it all is a cup in the years to come. Next year is all about making the playoffs and playing in at least one very competitive series. That should be the goal and the foundation to build upon.

Laine acceps his QO. One season, $7.5mil. Would've been bonkers not to. Will be his 6th NHL season, and only 23 years old. If he does it one more time, he can be a UFA at the end of 22-23.

Probably going to be a top deadline attraction

Blackhawks fans are pissed they aren’t retaining him so at least he’s a decent player?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From everything I've read. He's basically just Chytil. Who the Rangers already don't have room for. Why would they add another one?

Blackhawks fans are pissed they aren’t retaining him so at least he’s a decent player?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From everything I've read. He's basically just Chytil. Who the Rangers already don't have room for. Why would they add another one?
He's good, and versatile, but he's got arb rights so Hawks didn't qualify him. They have to figure out their cap with Jones and Fleury.

The only spot they have for him is really 3C, and they they have 2-3 younger cheaper options there.

I kinda hate, just like the Seattle expansion draft, how all these signing are leaked in advance now. I know they changed the rules to allow negotiations beforehand, and I understand why that is helpful to teams. but like, July 1st (28th) was always such a fun day. Now that we can literally see who everyone is signing beforehand, it's lost its luster

doing my best to stay off twitter and other social (besides this) but like, it;s hard to miss the news completely

I kinda hate, just like the Seattle expansion draft, how all these signing are leaked in advance now. I know they changed the rules to allow negotiations beforehand, and I understand why that is helpful to teams. but like, July 1st (28th) was always such a fun day. Now that we can literally see who everyone is signing beforehand, it's lost its luster

doing my best to stay off twitter and other social (besides this) but like, it;s hard to miss the news completely

I actually don't mind it. The coverage is better spent on analyzing the deals and player interviews than waiting around for something to happen, like TDL.