• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck Around & Find Out!

Phil

If it were this year's and you get him at 50% retention I think he's worth it.

Is he a player I can see being useful? Yes.

Thats a high price for a guy you're going to have for 1 year as a 4-6th Dman. Cap hit isnt even that much of an issues this year unless they do indeed get Eichel/Tarasenko/who ever else is now rumored.

Rumors of Mark Giordano's demise may be overblown.

They are. He was still playing top pairing last season. His production is down, but he's still a good defender. He wouldn't have to play top defense here. That'll give him a little more mileage.

I honestly have no idea what he's worth in a trade. 1st seems a little steep to me. He's got one year left. That's basically a rental deal - for a 37 year old?

I just can't figure out that value. We also don't have the luxury of knowing if the team is any good. In March you make this deal when the team is in playoff position and it makes some sense.

I honestly have no idea what he's worth in a trade. 1st seems a little steep to me. He's got one year left. That's basically a rental deal - for a 37 year old?

I just can't figure out that value. We also don't have the luxury of knowing if the team is any good. In March you make this deal when the team is in playoff position and it makes some sense.

The price for a March rental is arguably more expensive. I'd sooner give up the 16th overall and get retention now so he's here for the full season. His value is beyond pure player. He's a complete leader.

If the Rangers give up a 1st for Giodino, who is the worse GM, Drury or Treliving?

We've waited how long to get to this point? Talking for months about the Rangers specifically looking for grit, leadership, bottom 6 forwards, and vet LD. Looks like they're possibly about to address all of that and you're complaining about it lol.

We've waited how long to get to this point? Talking for months about the Rangers specifically looking for grit, leadership, bottom 6 forwards, and vet LD. Looks like they're possibly about to address all of that and you're complaining about it lol.

a first for Gio, yes. Gio in general.

But to lose him to Seattle, to see Seattle gets assets is really bad too. Especially if its a first round pick