• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck Around & Find Out!

Phil

Do you really believe Larry takes his sources and thoughts from this board?

It's a long, long running joke that whenever we open a conversation that's a bit off, Brooks follows with a very, very close article about it within a week. We don't really think it, but it's almost uncanny how often it seems to happen.

It's a long, long running joke that whenever we open a conversation that's a bit off, Brooks follows with a very, very close article about it within a week. We don't really think it, but it's almost uncanny how often it seems to happen.

When he starts using my one-liners, then I'll know 100% for sure...but I still think he uses us as a reference for A LOT!!! ;)

BTW, Dany Heatley not only waived his NTC a year into a 6 year deal, he asked for a trade because he was unhappy with his role.

BTW, Heatley asked to be traded after a controversy erupted due to him sleeping with Jason Spezza's wife and Spezza sleeping with Heatley's fiance. Here's one link, but it was widely reported all over at the time. As I said, in the previous post "I don't know of any player a year or two into a long term contract, who was not the source of any particular controversy aside from being somewhat overpaid..." Heatley was involved in a huge off ice controversy, which Kreider and Trouba have not been. When they start sleeping with teammates' women, the possibility of them waiving their NMCs will be something to talk about.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/240453-the-real-reason-why-dany-heatley-wants-to-be-traded-away-from-ottawa

Lmao! They switched wifes' for a weekend or were both trying to bang behind the others back?

Anyway, what an amazing story lol

Lmao! They switched wifes' for a weekend or were both trying to bang behind the others back?

Anyway, what an amazing story lol

We need photos of the ladies in question, or...not credible!

it just strokes some people's egos to think that. But for all we know rmc51 could be Brooks or American Jesus.

I mean the Kadri thing was straight up lifted from here. Nobody was talking about that as an option. I'm honored Larry stole it from me and got paid to print it ..

Uncle Larry did not make it to the Hall of Fame with this board as his source.

I don't know of any player a year or two into a long term contract, who was not the source of any particular controversy aside from being somewhat overpaid, who waived an NMC to leave a team loaded with talent and facing a promising future. If you can name someone like that, I'd be interested.

In 2024, when Kreider is in the last year of his NMC, the deadline is approaching, and the Rangers are out of the playoffs (God forbid), we can talk about Kreider maybe waiving his NMC.

Ilya Kovalchuk in 19 after signing with the Kings and he had one with Atlanta.

Nash was willing to waive his a year prior to coming to the Rangers. Just 3 years after signing his deal.

Lucic waived hi while with Edmonton to go to the Flames.

That's off the top of my head. It certainly happens.

Forgive me because I don’t know enough about him even though he’s in our system, but in the event we lose some wingers this off-season via trade what are the chances Ty Ronning may get a look? I’m watching VGK and looking at Marchessault (sp?) and I’m reminded of how at one point he was in our system and never got a look for a variety of reasons, many I’m sure included issues with his game that he has since improved. But, felt the need to watch some highlights of Ronning and remember seeing him when he first got drafted and liked the way his game looked. Feisty, ferocious on the puck, not afraid of the dirty areas even with his size and has a knack for scoring. I wonder if someone like that could be of help. It always seems like players like that always play huge roles on some teams come this time of year. I understand why guys like Kravtsov got much of the headlines as a prospect, but maybe Ronning isn’t someone we should sleep on either.

Forgive me because I don’t know enough about him even though he’s in our system, but in the event we lose some wingers this off-season via trade what are the chances Ty Ronning may get a look? I’m watching VGK and looking at Marchessault (sp?) and I’m reminded of how at one point he was in our system and never got a look for a variety of reasons, many I’m sure included issues with his game that he has since improved. But, felt the need to watch some highlights of Ronning and remember seeing him when he first got drafted and liked the way his game looked. Feisty, ferocious on the puck, not afraid of the dirty areas even with his size and has a knack for scoring. I wonder if someone like that could be of help. It always seems like players like that always play huge roles on some teams come this time of year. I understand why guys like Kravtsov got much of the headlines as a prospect, but maybe Ronning isn’t someone we should sleep on either.

Well, he's bounced between Hartford and the ECHL the last couple of seasons. It doesn't seem like a very good sign when you can't stay with the AHL team at 22 years old.

This season he played 18 games for the Pack and went at a ppg clip to be fair to him, so maybe there's a chance. But it seems pretty unlikely.

Ilya Kovalchuk in 19 after signing with the Kings and he had one with Atlanta.

Nash was willing to waive his a year prior to coming to the Rangers. Just 3 years after signing his deal.

Lucic waived hi while with Edmonton to go to the Flames.

That's off the top of my head. It certainly happens.

Yes, it happens under unusual circumstances not applicable to Kreider or Trouba. Kovalchuk was a long term health scratch. Lucic was in a rotten position, limited to 4th line play and perhaps scratched (I can't remember on that). Nash was stuck in a long term purgatory in Columbus, wasting his best years. Heatley asked to be traded as opposed to being asked to waive and himself referred to "personal" issues. Kreider and Trouba are not being regularly scratched. They don't have problems in the room; to the contrary, they are doing well there. Players waive them occasionally under circumstances very different from Kreider and Trouba.

Gaborik decided he would rather play in Columbus than the cup contending Rangers because of Tortorella.

Hall used his to pick the Bruins.

Most importantly, Rangers Need more Kreiders and Troubas. So unless you have an upgrade and a secondary addition adding, again, MORE, it’s really a moot doscussion

Gaborik decided he would rather play in Columbus than the cup contending Rangers because of Tortorella.

Hall used his to pick the Bruins.

Most importantly, Rangers Need more Kreiders and Troubas. So unless you have an upgrade and a secondary addition adding, again, MORE, it’s really a moot doscussion��

Upgrade over who, though? Not that a Kreider trade is happening anyway, but one could argue trading him, slotting Lafreniere up, and signing a proper 3LW is a team upgrade, even if the 3LW is not better than Kreider on paper.