• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck Around & Find Out!

Phil

It actually makes a good deal of sense as the core of a deal. Vancouver has terrible RW depth and decent center depth. They're in need of a retool. They have two monster contracts coming us (Petterson, Hughes) with not much cap space. We would take a depth player with Horvat (not that the salary is great but we could absolutely take Beagle or something for a year).

Horvat is a strong fit for what we need. Buchnevich is a strong fit for what they need. They're of near equal age and similarly productive enough.

I don't think this is fantasyland, but I don't think it's a 1-for-1 thing either.

Buch/Georgiev/then prospect on the farm. That should be plenty enough to get it done. Also helps us with not having to expose an extra guy in the expansion draft. Sounds like a better alternative to Eichel really.

It actually makes a good deal of sense as the core of a deal. Vancouver has terrible RW depth and decent center depth. They're in need of a retool. They have two monster contracts coming us (Petterson, Hughes) with not much cap space. We would take a depth player with Horvat (not that the salary is great but we could absolutely take Beagle or something for a year).

Horvat is a strong fit for what we need. Buchnevich is a strong fit for what they need. They're of near equal age and similarly productive enough.

I don't think this is fantasyland, but I don't think it's a 1-for-1 thing either.

Bo Horvat is one of the most liked players in Vancouver, he's their captain, and is a main part of their core along with Hughes and Peterson. Very easy for you to say that it makes sense for them having no real idea what is going on with that team or city. Two jack ass bloggers brought this deal up with the side thought that they would be pissed about it. That thought just tells you how clueless those two idiots are. There is no other proof of this rumor anywhere else to be found.

At least tell me there is proof of the Canucks having Horvat on the table somewhere other than these two ass hats. Because for the life of me this trade does not make any sense. You do not trade your captain in his young 20's who is a two way center with 60-70 pt potential for Pavel Buchnevich who before this year was an enigma.

The entire country of Canada has a Shane Doan sized hard on for Bo Horvat. If they are trading him, they are getting a lot more than Buch for him. Sorry but time to wake up from the dream

Bo Horvat is one of the most liked players in Vancouver, he's their captain, and is a main part of their core along with Hughes and Peterson. Very easy for you to say that it makes sense for them having no real idea what is going on with that team or city. Two jack ass bloggers brought this deal up with the side thought that they would be pissed about it. That thought just tells you how clueless those two idiots are. There is no other proof of this rumor anywhere else to be found.

At least tell me there is proof of the Canucks having Horvat on the table somewhere other than these two ass hats. Because for the life of me this trade does not make any sense. You do not trade your captain in his young 20's who is a two way center with 60-70 pt potential for Pavel Buchnevich who before this year was an enigma.

The entire country of Canada has a Shane Doan sized hard on for Bo Horvat. If they are trading him, they are getting a lot more than Buch for him. Sorry but time to wake up from the dream

I wanna punch myself in the face for agreeing with you.
  • Like 1

Re: bold - also easy for you to make a post without being a dick. So easy, just cut that line, because the elephant in the room with Vancouver is that nobody has any fucking idea what's going on with that team (including the beat writers and according to half their fans, the GM).

Yes, Vancouver has no right wing depth (Boeser - who also seems to be in perpetual rumor - then......Motte? Vesey? Hoglander, Miller, Pearson are all LW) and has a ton of center depth. They do in fact have two giant ass question mark contracts coming up and literally no room to maneuver outside of them. I agree it doesn't make sense for them to trade a young captain two-way center, but Vancouver has made a habit of doing things that don't make sense. No reason to believe they'd break that chain.

Anyway, I think the Van beat writers shot this down earlier today, so it's moot.

I wanna punch myself in the face for agreeing with you.

Nice.

You’re on dangerous grounds. Soon you’’ll agree with him on Trump

Remind me to rep you later because I LOLd pretty hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm gonna have to start doing "Ozzy - Top 10 posts of the GDT's" in some of these threads.

This is absolutely hilarious to come back to on a Monday morning!!! :rofl:

Re: bold - also easy for you to make a post without being a dick. So easy, just cut that line, because the elephant in the room with Vancouver is that nobody has any fucking idea what's going on with that team (including the beat writers and according to half their fans, the GM).

Yes, Vancouver has no right wing depth (Boeser - who also seems to be in perpetual rumor - then......Motte? Vesey? Hoglander, Miller, Pearson are all LW) and has a ton of center depth. They do in fact have two giant ass question mark contracts coming up and literally no room to maneuver outside of them. I agree it doesn't make sense for them to trade a young captain two-way center, but Vancouver has made a habit of doing things that don't make sense. No reason to believe they'd break that chain.

Anyway, I think the Van beat writers shot this down earlier today, so it's moot.

It's not being a dick pointing out the obvious. I was not trying to be a dick just pointing out that there is no truth to the rumor other than two asshat bloggers. It's not being a dick to point out that you don't have insight to what Vancouver is doing and why they are intending to trade Bo Horvat. There is no proof of those thoughts coming out of Vancouver and there is no reports they are looking to trade Horvat to fill their need on RW.

On the same token you could have "advised" my post without calling me a dick. You could have just left that part out and said there is no need for the bolded. But you didn't. You called me a dick (an actual offense to someone) in response to my (implied by you) offense.

What's funny is that you report the beat writers shot down this bogus rumor today further making this entire rumor yes that of "fantasyland". Are they "dicks" too for reporting the obvious?

Add condition that the Flames get the 32nd pick after every cup we win while Tkachuk is a Ranger.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I don't have the same fascination with the Tkachuks as the rest of you. I'm not sold.

Apparently I'm not the only one, as I think I heard on a podcast that the Flames had to sit him down after he shot that puck at someone. Apparently his antics are getting pretty old?