• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Lafreniere's Points/Game Improvement Over the Course of the Season

Is any positivity allowed?

First 15 NHL games: 1g-0a-1p (.067 points/game)

Following 40 NHL games: 10g-9a-19p (.475 points/game)

Last 10 NHL games: 3g-3a-6p (.6 points/game)

I think he's definitely improved as the season has gone on. It comes from a combination of getting more comfortable, playing with more skilled linemates, and Quinn trusting him with a bit more ice time. I'm excited to see what the future holds for him, and how he can improve going into next season.

• Like 1

Is any positivity allowed?

First 15 NHL games: 1g-0a-1p (.067 points/game)

Following 40 NHL games: 10g-9a-19p (.475 points/game)

Last 10 NHL games: 3g-3a-6p (.6 points/game)

I think he's definitely improved as the season has gone on. It comes from a combination of getting more comfortable, playing with more skilled linemates, and Quinn trusting him with a bit more ice time. I'm excited to see what the future holds for him, and how he can improve going into next season.

He's going to be a stud. He's developed a nice scoring touch and has what Chadwick used to call, "a nose for the net". I really liked what I've seen from him the second 1/2 of this season. I'm sure we'll see a lot more from him going forward...especially with some solid linemates.

He really turned a massive corner over the final quarter of the season. You could literally see the difference in style of play in games from the start of the year to ones at the end. The ones toward the back half of the year look so much closer to the draft footage/highlights and are better reflective of his entire scouting report.

I'm pretty upset he took away the famous Yukon jokes.

I think Quinn actually nailed it with his comments about an NHL level of effort. Yuk..damn it, Laf has really put in more effort to get to the areas he needs to be and his talent and vision on plays are a direct result of the effort he puts out.

Yeah it was just good to see him actually getting engaged in plays and trying to make something happen in the last quarter, rather than just floating around initially. Totally understandable though, there's a huge jump in speed and physicality entering the NHL for most top prospects.

He basically had the same season Hughes did last year, no? He definitely was abysmal to start the season, but really came into his own and looks like an NHL player. He looks comfortable, is compatible with his linemates, and builds on his performance. I'm happy. There was no way he was going to come out onto the ice and light it up, especially looking at how poorly the team overall looked for two months.

I'm pretty upset he took away the famous Yukon jokes.

I think Quinn actually nailed it with his comments about an NHL level of effort. Yuk..damn it, Laf has really put in more effort to get to the areas he needs to be and his talent and vision on plays are a direct result of the effort he puts out.

Don't worry, Browny....He's going to be known as "Yukon Cornelius" here for a long time!! :rofl:

imagine if he is as much better next year as kakko was this year. growth just takes time and it will come. for most of these top picks it always does, the exceptions are the mcdavids and the ones who just never figure it out. most of them turn into strong hockey players in this league and laf is going to be no different

Very encouraging. Honestly. We've seen a little bit more premium talent, but also some of the IQ we were sold on.

Looks like he's having more fun, too.

And Kakko, whom I've upgraded my long term outlook on. His comp now looks like Magnus Arvedson. Very encouraging.

Very encouraging. Honestly. We've seen a little bit more premium talent, but also some of the IQ we were sold on.

Looks like he's having more fun, too.

And Kakko, whom I've upgraded my long term outlook on. His comp now looks like Magnus Arvedson. Very encouraging.

My hope on Kakko is long-term Mark Stone, short-term poor man's Jere Lehtinen.

Those are pretty good players lol.. I'd take either.

Stone comp is interesting, but Stone has a personality.

Not on personality, lol. I'm talking pure playing style. The base structure is just sound two-way player with offensive upside. Less 40-50 goal Rick Nash, more 20-25 goal Lehtinen/Stone/Hossa kind of player.

Not on personality, lol. I'm talking pure playing style. The base structure is just sound two-way player with offensive upside. Less 40-50 goal Rick Nash, more 20-25 goal Lehtinen/Stone/Hossa kind of player.

That's my future Selke winner (Kakko) you got there, Phil!! ;)

If anybody would of predicted 20 pts (or whatever that prorates out to over a full 82 game season) for 13 this season they would of been laughed at going into it. Kakko sitting at 17 in a handful of less games. Both still seem to really struggle at times trying to figure out when to pass, shoot etc. 13 certainly wasn't as invisible the last quarter of the season as you guys have already pointed out but still has a long way to go. Kakko certainly a better player than he was last season but his offensive numbers are weak. I'm not sure he ever gets around to averaging 20 at any point in his career. I don't think either is a slam dunk all-star going forward. Yes it's very early and yes they're both very young but imo both have disappointed so far.

After only vaguely remembering hearing this guys name and then looking up his career stats I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry first, I'll choose to laugh.

Thanks for the laugh Dunny.