• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Fire John Davidson, Jeff Gorton; Drury Named President & GM

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roster players that spent time in Hartford/Connecticut:

Chris Kreider

Filip Chytil

Ryan Lindgren

Igor Shesterkin

Alex Georgiev

Libor Hajek

Vitali Kravtsov

Phil Di Giuseppe

Roster players that went from amateur to pro:

Alexis Lafreniere

Kaapo Kakko

Adam Fox

Zac Jones

K'Andre Miller

Pavel Buchnevich (4 game AHL stint)

Brett Howden

Roster players from trades/free agency

Artemi Panarin

Mika Zibanejad

Ryan Strome

Colin Blackwell

Kevin Rooney

Jacob Trouba

Brendan Smith

Julien Gauthier

So about 2/3rds of our roster was either drafted and came directly to the NHL (no need for AHL) or spent some time in the AHL. What's your problem again?

You're lost. Was Drury the GM of Hartford when Kreider was there?

Chytil was there 2 weeks as punishment

Georgiev stinks

You and others shit on Hajek daily

Kravstov ran home from Hartford

Di Giuseppe is crap

Shestyorkin HAD to play there and was dominant before going there

I'll give ya Lindgren

You're absolutely right to ask me what my problem is, because you obviously didn't get the point. Drury was the GM for Hartford and Hartford has fucking sucked.

Someone pointed out the Packs record this year in an effort to claim they haven't sucked as if a 20 something game season is anything to gauge them on. Nevermind that the only future Rangers on the roster are Barron and maybe Reunenen.

Drury is given credit for being this whiz and they use Hartford as a gauge/accomplishment, when in fact the team hasn't been winning and it scared 2 prospects away do badly they left for their home countries.

Get it? .

• Like 1

You're lost. Was Drury the GM of Hartford when Kreider was there?

Chytil was there 2 weeks as punishment

Georgiev stinks

You and others shit on Hajek daily

Kravstov ran home from Hartford

Di Giuseppe is crap

Shestyorkin HAD to play there and was dominant before going there

I'll give ya Lindgren

You're absolutely right to ask me what my problem is, because you obviously didn't get the point. Drury was the GM for Hartford and Hartford has fucking sucked.

Someone pointed out the Packs record this year in an effort to claim they haven't sucked as if a 20 something game season is anything to gauge them on. Nevermind that the only future Rangers on the roster are Barron and maybe Reunenen.

Drury is given credit for being this whiz and they use Hartford as a gauge/accomplishment, when in fact the team hasn't been winning and it scared 2 prospects away do badly they left for their home countries.

Get it? .

The fuck is he supposed to do, sign free agents and draft guys? Discussing it with you is a waste of time. It’s not a tier II team that makes its own moves. It’s a bigger issue than “Drury ruined Hartford and destroyed the players that went there”

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The fuck is he supposed to do, sign free agents and draft guys? Discussing it with you is a waste of time. It’s not a tier II team that makes its own moves. It’s a bigger issue than “Drury ruined Hartford and destroyed the players that went there”

Why have a GM for the AHL team and then why FUCKING CREDIT HIM FOR BEING THE GM WHO CANT FUCKING DO ANYTHING????

Has that sunk in yet?

You are seriously missing the boat and seem to just want to argue.

Why/ how can you get pissy on my take on this when you've done nothing but add to my point, which IF YOU FUCKING READ says nothing about him ruining anything. Just that there's nothing to credit him for as far as Hartford goes. It's not like he signed minor league diamonds in the rough. Why is Hartford part of his resume if he didn't do anything good or bad????? You say he did NOTHING! So? This helps you how?

Why have a GM for the AHL team and then why FUCKING CREDIT HIM FOR BEING THE GM WHO CANT FUCKING DO ANYTHING????

Has that sunk in yet?

You are seriously missing the boat and seem to just want to argue.

Why/ how can you get pissy on my take on this when you've done nothing but add to my point, which IF YOU FUCKING READ says nothing about him ruining anything. Just that there's nothing to credit him for as far as Hartford goes. It's not like he signed minor league diamonds in the rough. Why is Hartford part of his resume if he didn't do anything good or bad????? You say he did NOTHING! So? This helps you how?

We’re both wrong though. He didn’t do anything to progress Hartford (your point), but he didn’t do anything to make it bad or a bottomless pit for prospects’ careers to die in (my point). I wasn’t so much against your overall message more than how you went about supporting it. He’s been groomed for this job for several seasons. I think getting his feet wet in the AHL helped him progress to the NHL. Time will tell if he can handle the show himself. Everyone speaks highly of him. I can only hope he’s not Dolan’s yes man

Gorton’s legacy is going to be interesting eventually. He started and did the dirty work of the tear-down and buildup. Gorton stole Mika Zibanejad and Adam Fox, signed Artemi Panarin and had nine first-round picks (four of their own and five added) in the last four drafts, after the Rangers went four years without a first-round pick. It’s absolutely cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs that he lost his job at this point.

Some interesting bluntness from Carp here.

Since the story I published earlier, I have heard from a conflicting source about whether Dolan was angry at Gorton for not making a deadline trade. Indeed, I was told, Gorton came pretty close to making a significant hockey deal, for a legit player, not a rental, but a team backed out. I have also been told that Sather, though front and center Thursday (and involved throughout Wednesday’s crazy day), is not getting back into any kind of major role. Nor does he, at age 77, want to. As an advisor to Drury, he can be valuable. If he wants to run the Rangers from behind the scenes, that’s dangerous, in my opinion. But apparently he doesn’t want to do that.

How's that for a raised eyebrow situation?

https://theathletic.com/2573039/2021/05/07/final-thoughts-on-an-unprecedented-4-days-for-the-rangers/

Since the story I published earlier, I have heard from a conflicting source about whether Dolan was angry at Gorton for not making a deadline trade. Indeed, I was told, Gorton came pretty close to making a significant hockey deal, for a legit player, not a rental, but a team backed out. I have also been told that Sather, though front and center Thursday (and involved throughout Wednesday’s crazy day), is not getting back into any kind of major role. Nor does he, at age 77, want to. As an advisor to Drury, he can be valuable. If he wants to run the Rangers from behind the scenes, that’s dangerous, in my opinion. But apparently he doesn’t want to do that. /[/url]

I'd love to know who the player was and was the potential makeup of the trade.

I hope to God Sather isn't pulling Drury's strings and running the team because if that's the case I can see Drury stepping away.

If Sather doesn't want to be involved in any major role, why have him in the first press conference with the new GM and president? Some things about how this team is run really has me questioning things...

Optics to reassure the wider audience that the reigns aren't being handed to an inexperienced rookie.

Optics to reassure the wider audience that the reigns aren't being handed to an inexperienced rookie.

Or, instill doubt in those who don't have much faith in the Sather way of doing things.

This team has been under the same regime, effectively, since 2000. Sather groomed Gorton and Gorton groomed Drury. Gordie Clark has been here since 2002! Sather has been involved the entire time, to some capacity. Other teams don't have this level of continuity from one front office to the next. Sometimes, I just wish we could cut ties entirely and bring in a new staff.

Or, instill doubt in those who don't have much faith in the Sather way of doing things.

This team has been under the same regime, effectively, since 2000. Sather groomed Gorton and Gorton groomed Drury. Gordie Clark has been here since 2002! Sather has been involved the entire time, to some capacity. Other teams don't have this level of continuity from one front office to the next. Sometimes, I just wish we could cut ties entirely and bring in a new staff.

Sure, but that's never going to happen unless Dolan dies. LOL.

A friend and I were discussing last night how this whole thing had been planned and this situation was just used as a front for going through with it. It's a tangible theory.

Certainly a possibility.

The one good thing about all this is now Jeff Gorton can spend more time with his sour patch family.

I'm a complete moron. Not sour patch family, it was supposed to be Cabbage Patch family. Because Gorton looks like a Cabbage patch kid, you know, in the face. Jaysus, I may need to retire.

A friend and I were discussing last night how this whole thing had been planned and this situation was just used as a front for going through with it. It's a tangible theory.

I don't know if "a front" is a good word for it, but I think the Wilson stuff and the statement blowback was what sped things along to the point they're firing the GM and Prez with 3 games left in the season. If that doesn't happen, you probably see it happen after about a week or so.

My guess is the deal was Bennett for Chytil, but they found footage of Chytil.

I don't subscribe to that political sports magazine, but does Carpiniello point out any of the absolutely dumb shit Gorton did, too, or just the good stuff?