• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Fire John Davidson, Jeff Gorton; Drury Named President & GM

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poof........and just like that, so much for the work they were doing with this rebuild. Oh well, was fun while it lasted.

Sucks doubly for Gorton who I think was going to eventually build a real winner here. I know he was only interim GM of Boston but he did some good work there before they let him go too.

Link:

I mean it’s true. They did underachieve and the lack of addressing the 4th line and or bottom six was pretty inexcusable since it became painfully obvious we were exposed as probably the softest, least equipped to handle in game adversity or toughness. I’m not understanding the JD part unless he refused to fire Gorton when told to do so.

Zero way Quinn keeps his job which I guess is the silver lining. Losing JD hurts. Gorton I don’t give two shits about. He’s been riding shit handed to him here for a while now.

Quite possible but Drury and Quinn are BU guys not sure if that helps Quinn. Quinn could also plead I played what I was given.

Yeah he can’t say that considering there is a guy sitting at home all year Dolan is paying lol