• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#54) Rangers vs. Tom Wilson // Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold

GDT_2018-19_Header.png?raw=1

REGULAR SEASON GAME #54 — 5/5/21

rangers1.gif?raw=1 vs.capitals1.gif?raw=1

Time: 7:00 PM

TV: NBCSN

Radio: 98.7 FM, 107.1 FM, 710 AM, Sirius XM

USEFUL LINKS:

Coverage: @NYP_Brooksie@RickCarpiniello@ColinSNewsday@vzmercogliano

Team Official: @NYRangersNYR on Instagram

Official Team Websites: rangers.nhl.comcapitals.nhl.com

GameCenter - here

GDT_2018-19_Spacer.png?raw=1

NYR.gif?raw=1

Starting Lineup:^

John Scott / Nick Fotiu / Colton Orr

Joey Kocur / Tie Domi / Derek Boogaard

Nick Kypreos / Orland Kurtenbach / George McPhee

Tanner Glass / Brandon Prust / Sean Avery

Stu Bickel / Jeff Beukeboom

Barry Beck / Brendan Smith

^ Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Dan Cloutier

WSH.gif?raw=1

Starting Lineup:^

TOM WILSON

^ Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Vitek Vanecek

QUOTE(S) TO NOTE:

[table=width: 630, align: center]

[tr]

[td=align: center]

"The New York Rangers are extremely disappointed that Capitals’ forward Tom Wilson was not suspended for his horrifying act of violence last night at Madison Square Garden. Wilson is a repeat offender with a long history of these type of acts and we find it shocking that the NHL and their Department of Player Safety failed to take the appropriate action and suspend him indefinitely. Wilson’s dangerous and reckless actions caused an injury to Artemi Panarin that will prevent him from playing again this season. We view this as a dereliction of duty by NHL head of player safety, George Parros, and believe he is unfit to continue in his current role. "

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

— The New York Rangers

Preview of Warmups:

giphy.gif

• Like 2

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be shocked if the Rangers have any response at all. Basically all their vets are out. I don't know how they can possibly respond in any meaningful way.

I think they'll lose again, further continuing the narrative that they need to make some meaningful changes this summer to actually compete with these teams.

Frankly, I don’t see anyone outside of Smith who could possibly, potentially, maybe exact revenge.

Prediction: Lots of ‘pushing and shoving’ with us hitting them with our purses many times. “Bad Capitals - take that!”

*said with pouty-face*

Yeah I'm not expecting much, certainly no eye for an eye. It'll be some theater to appease the fans and be able to feel like "we did something!".

So everyone gonna tune in to watch Rangers retaliate on national TV?

Yeah, this is not gonna end well.

They'll send one guy (prob Smith) to the slaughter. He will get his head knocked in while the Rangers players taps their sticks against the boards and Wilson smiles away into the penalty box again. Probably gonna lose the game 4-1 aswell.

I would love to see everyone go batshit crazy with high sticks, cross-checks, elbows and what not, but they're all too scared for what will come their way.

I think forfeiting the game sends a much larger message if that's what they want to do. Their intent is to change the league with that statement, not the Tom Wilson's of the world.

Ehh. I think that's a pretty lame move and makes them look like huge pussies. I'm sure the players want to go out and play. Can't set a precedent for forfeiting games when calls don't go your way.

I think forfeiting the game sends a much larger message if that's what they want to do. Their intent is to change the league with that statement, not the Tom Wilson's of the world.

Forfeiting the game would be the biggest pussy move of all-time. I get they are trying to "change the game," but it's literally quitting.

Forfeiting the game would be the biggest pussy move of all-time. I get they are trying to "change the game," but it's literally quitting.

The only move that's a bigger pussy move than that is going back out there and not doing anything...getting ragdolled and beat up all over the ice again. I also posed the forfeit option in another thread under the premise that if they don't have the balls to answer the bell, just forfeit. At least send a message to the league that way if you won't do it on ice.