• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#54) Rangers vs. Tom Wilson // Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give them full credit for showing up, I really do.

But I just can't get past the fact the 3 guys they sent out to lay down a marker from the hop was Big Kev Rooney, Blackwell and Phil diFucking Guiseppe :rofl:

I couldn't decide whether it was great or just a total embarrassment.

I give them full credit for showing up, I really do.

But I just can't get past the fact the 3 guys they sent out to lay down a marker from the hop was Big Kev Rooney, Blackwell and Phil diFucking Guiseppe :rofl:

I couldn't decide whether it was great or just a total embarrassment.

If this was the plan I dont understand why they didnt call up Geertsen. I guess they wanted the "response" to come from the guys that's been here for the season, but come on. 6 fights, they could atleast throw out one guy that knows how to do it (no disrespect to Smith, he was always going to lose against Wilson and Strome did a good job).

I give them credit for showing up too and at least making the attempt to avenge our souls. Quinn's statement about 'not knowing anything about' what ended up happening when the game started had to be tongue-in-cheek. Otherwise, why would he start those guys?

Off-season going to be very, very interesting. Maybe there's a silver lining here that we will relish come next season.

If this was the plan I dont understand why they didnt call up Geertsen. I guess they wanted the "response" to come from the guys that's been here for the season, but come on. 6 fights, they could atleast throw out one guy that knows how to do it (no disrespect to Smith, he was always going to lose against Wilson and Strome did a good job).

Probably was this.

I give them credit for showing up too and at least making the attempt to avenge our souls. Quinn's statement about 'not knowing anything about' what ended up happening when the game started had to be tongue-in-cheek. Otherwise, why would he start those guys?

Off-season going to be very, very interesting. Maybe there's a silver lining here that we will relish come next season.

I wasnt lying yesterday when I said I fully expect them to come out and just play the game with no funny stuff.

It wasnt pretty but they stood up for themselves and sent a message.

Also I dont know how Gorton did it but he managed to assemble a team with not one player who knows how to fight :rofl:

I'm pretty sure he can't just come out and say "yeah, I started the three most expendable guys who could chuck them alongside Smith" - that's a guaranteed fine. It's 100% tongue-in-cheek, and frankly, it's one of those "good leader" things. Always give credit to the ones doing the work.

I read but haven't posted.....been a hockey fan since the early 1960's.

The NHL just got set back 20 years. Hockey is a great game and I have loved the modern game - the skating, passing, shooting, the speed. People come to watch the skilled players not the goons. Now every team is going to be hiring goons - we're back to the 60's and 70's. Tom Wilson won; not just by fighting but by having everyone else fight.

The Rangers had to come out fighting because the NHL front office didn't hand out justice to stop the fighting. I applaud the Rangers for trying even though they were outmatched in size and fighting ability. Now the NHL has to fire George Parras. Gary Bettman, what in the world were you thinking? Did you go brain dead to allow Tom Wilson to get away with a token fine?

• Like 1

...Aaaaand here are the finalists for tonight's Ozzy Quote of the GDT, sponsored by Everlast ;)

James Donal...lol
You saw that too, huh? What a bunch of dicks on NBC!! :rofl:

Someone else fight so I can see someone sit on Blackwell's lap

ECW!! ECW!! ECW!!
Where's Sandman when we need him!!!! ;)

Strome is the only winner of his fight LOL.
...figures, right??? LOL

Dolan should have fired Chytil
...it's coming, believe me!

Sneak up on Wilson and blow your nose in his jersey. That'll teach him.
I actually did that to a guy playing Dek Hockey one night!! :rofl:

I secretly thin Buch is just figuring if he stays in the box he’s safest
You and I think the same, dude!!

Man that is worth the price of admission. Love it Buch[/url]

I think it was fine. Right to the dome, knocked him down and he looked hurt in the box. It was a good shot lol
Good for Buch!! Fuck $5,000! That's fly shit to these guys!

I don’t care what anyone says, I wish we had Kreider in this game I know he’d have come up big with this shit. He’d drop gloves and deliver big hits in a game like this no doubt
Normally this one would win because the sarcasm needle on this one was absolutely pinned!!! The only hits Kreider would deliver would be while swinging his new Coach bag at them!! :rofl:

Ozzy is going to have his work cut out for him picking the top posts. This game thread was a doozy.
You ain't shittin' Sharpy!! This one was loaded!!! LOL

This team isn't capable of providing what you wanted to see. I think they responded the best they could with what they had. At the end of the day, Buch cross checked a guy in the face and a good number of them answered the bell to try and show what no one here thought they were capable of. There was still a hockey game to play and I'm super proud of this bunch for stepping up. Time to move on though.

...And the winner tonight goes to JSM. In a day that really was more of a total fuck-fest of emotion, it's more this statement that captures I think where a lot of us are at.

I think we were all caught off guard by what transpired, and I'm sure no one had JD being fired on their list of "to do's" for this season. I'm very glad they "responded" to being pushed around, and not cower like a bunch of pussies. It's probably been obvious for quite some time now that this team needs to move forward as well, and make some necessary changes that many of us have called for, for much of the season.

We'll play out the last 2 and get to business after the playoffs. I'm going to digest everything that went down over the last week, put my faith in Chris Drury, and welcome this change.

Let's take it from here, boys!!! :thumbs:

• Like 1

If that was a valid " response " to a guy that pulled #89 down to the ice, punched him in the head, and then went after Panarin with a typical Tom Wilson cheap shot, then I've been mistaken lo these many years as to what retribution is in the NHL world. Nice that the guys responded but, was that enough given that Panarin is hurt and out and Tom Wilson is still playing? Maybe a stick to the face, a REAL check into the boards and a slew foot would've made the point. To now say that this group is soft, is saying what people have been saying over and over. It took Tom Wilson's actions to ignite a response in the NEXT game? Getting rid of Brendan Lemieux for zilch was another bonehead move. Quinn never gave him a definite role at which he could do better. There are more than enough players in the league that are excellent and don't take those kind of actions lightly. Management has chosen to go the skill and finesse route. You reap what you sow. BTW, the ridiculous nonsensical penalties that this group takes says it all. Bye now, you band wagoneers. The previous info was brought to y'all be the YSUOA.