• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Tom Wilson Fined $5K for Roughing Buchnevich; Rangers Release Statement

A suspension doesn't fix their bruised ego.

When the games get physical, the Rangers cower and lose. It happened last season. It's really been obvious in the last three games. It's not these players fault, but it's clear they need some new guys in here that can play with the big boys.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NHL did not find ample evidence that Wilson pulled Panarin down to the ice by his hair, which was a popular theory on social media on Monday night.

Took me about 6 seconds to find...

Link -

Wow. They go through great and wordy lengths to marginalize an incident that was borderline from resulting in an extremely serious injury.

It's like saying, oh yeah we found that suspect only casually jabbed his knife at the victim but didn't actually stab the victim in a critical spot therefore we find the suspect to be innocent of any egregious wrongdoing and will let him go.

This article is a sugarcoating of what happened(no surprise since ESPN is back in bed with the NHL now). It makes no reference to him grabbing Panarin’s hair(which the NHL is FOS saying they couldn’t find evidence, it’s all over the net), which is what made it so dangerous as Panarin had little to no control of his head at that point. If Panarin’s body doesn’t turn making him hit shoulder first, he would be in a coma or dead today.

Seems the league will wait for something like that to happen, to finally get serious… maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

When the games get physical, the Rangers cower and lose. It happened last season. It's really been obvious in the last three games. It's not these players fault, but it's clear they need some new guys in here that can play with the big boys.

This is the correct takeaway IMO.

Badly.

The Rangers were up 3-2. Wilson abused an entire line. They lost 6-3.

Halfway through the first period, 0-0 still, Trouba gets clobbered by Martin. Rangers lose 6-1.

These are just two of the most recent examples. This happens all the time. If you get in their face, they shrink faster than Costanza in the pool.

It's why I started the homogeneity thread. It has to change.

• Like 1

Stupid league

Its time to retaliate ,don't the rangers play the caps one more time ,if the league doesn't take action the Rangers should ,there more than one way to do it,if he wants tons the Dave Shultz of the era and the league doesn't police him,teams are going to have go, hurt their skill players ,or try to hurt Wilson

If the Rangers aren't going to do anything, and we know they aren't, just forfeit the game. The league won't like it, so that would be a good message no? If the players won't make a physical sacrifice, maybe they would make a small financial one. Same goes for the team.

Every single board member should thank Wilson for hopefully showing management here what they sorely are missing on this roster

Yup!! The eye opener that was needed!

I gotta say this though; That body slam was Ivan-Putski-like! :rofl:

Every single board member should thank Wilson for hopefully showing management here what they sorely are missing on this roster

Possible some people didn't see it, but I think this was already obvious by the way last season ended and how the islanders completely owned them this year.

I would hope that management didn't need that message to be sent. It was painfully obvious before last night that this team needs toughness.

Well, this roster and probably 25 other teams. As has already been said, Wilson is bit of a unicorn in the the league and there are at least two dozen teams in the NHL that would love to have a player like him.

Possible some people didn't see it, but I think this was already obvious by the way last season ended and how the islanders completely owned them this year.

I guess? But then this off-season guys like Martin were available and Simmonds. Then we got Rooney. Think last night he apologized to Tom afterwards on behalf of Artemi

I guess? But then this off-season guys like Martin were available and Simmonds. Then we got Rooney. Think last night he apologized to Tom afterwards on behalf of Artemi

Lol. Hey, I agree. I was all in on Martin. That was the one player I wanted to bring in. I liked the idea of Chara. I liked Reaves years ago. I guess you could argue there was no cap room but I'm not so sure. You could be right. If they didn't see the giant need then, they must see it now after the Rangers have been physically bullied in three straight games and lost Kreider, Trouba, Lindgren, and Panarin for the year.

I said it elsewhere, but it feels borderline unsafe to even send this team on the ice against these big teams.

• Like 1

Lol. Hey, I agree. I was all in on Martin. That was the one player I wanted to bring in. I liked the idea of Chara. I liked Reaves years ago. I guess you could argue there was no cap room but I'm not so sure. You could be right. If they didn't see the giant need then, they must see it now after the Rangers have been physically bullied in three straight games and lost Kreider, Trouba, Lindgren, and Panarin for the year.

I said it elsewhere, but it feels borderline unsafe to even send this team on the ice against these big teams.

Yup it is very dangerous. Two things we 100% need. Leadership and toughness. I don’t care if it sacrifices “some” talent but there needs to be a change from within the guys dressed. From the fact accountability is whimsical, there are no “follow me boys” type guys, and no one to even remotely keep someone in check. We don’t need a bottom 6 of guys guys we hope develop into a top 6. We need a good portion of a bottom 6 that has a role and grinds an opponent. Lord knows the top 6 isn’t once men get on the ice.

My only regret last night is that Kreider wasn’t dressed so everyone else could see how little that tampon would have done if he were plating too. Cannot have this one dimensional type of team with the teams we specifically have to play in our division.