• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Tom Wilson Fined $5K for Roughing Buchnevich; Rangers Release Statement

Place your guesses for what NHL Supplemental Discipline will be handed to Tom Wilson for his actions on Monday night.

Rep goes to those who get it exactly right or closest without going over.

I'll start:

He'll get the rest of the regular season, so 4 games.

UPDATE:

Link:

Washington’s Tom Wilson has been fined $5,000, the maximum allowable under the CBA, for Roughing NY Rangers’ Pavel Buchnevich.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rest of season plus first round of playoffs.

This is my guess, as well. Using the playoff game = two regular season games method, it's the equivalent of a potential 18-game suspension. Basically 20 games.

I just watched it...maybe I'm missing something but I can't imagine he'll get suspended for this. Fine maybe.

He drive a defenseless players' head into the ice, then sucker punched said defenseless player in a prone position, and threw a player to the ice by his hair, injuring him. He's getting suspended.

He drive a defenseless players' head into the ice, then sucker punched said defenseless player in a prone position, and threw a player to the ice by his hair, injuring him. He's getting suspended.

I think I missed the hair pull. I didn't really watch much of the game. When he came out in the 3rd period, did any Rangers player attempt to do anything to him? I'm imagining no based on the comments in the GDT. Baby soft this team. Pretty fucking gutless seeing your star player getting rag-dolled and the memory of it fades after a period.

I just watched it...maybe I'm missing something but I can't imagine he'll get suspended for this. Fine maybe.

That was my feeling watching it live. Then I saw the video Brooks had on his twitter. Wilson pulls Panarin's hair and slams a helmet less Panarin to the ice. Easily could have been a tragedy last night. That kind of behavior cannot be tolerated if it's Brett Howden no less a star in the league. Then factor in who it is and his antics after the incident in the box. I mean he didn't slam the box door so he doesn't deserve league banishment but he did almost kill someone.

He should be indefinitely suspended. There is no reason to put a number on it. Let him squirm. The Caps twitter message should probably be met with loss of a draft pick or picks for not condoning his behavior but encouraging it and not learning their lesson in trying to help their employee from his repeated disregard for players safety. I would follow that up with a massive fine to the organization. I love the idea of penalizing cap space but the PA would never allow that.

Gut feeling is he gets nothing. The NHL does not suspend on potential injury. If he gets anything it won't effect his playoff eligibility.

I think I missed the hair pull. I didn't really watch much of the game. When he came out in the 3rd period, did any Rangers player attempt to do anything to him? I'm imagining no based on the comments in the GDT. Baby soft this team. Pretty fucking gutless seeing your star player getting rag-dolled and the memory of it fades after a period.

Blackwell knocked him off his skates and he gently glided into the boards. True retribution!

Thing is, no one on this team is going to do anything. They'll all suffer the same fate as Panarin. Who on this team even comes close to Wilson's size?

Blackwell knocked him off his skates and he gently glided into the boards. True retribution!

Thing is, no one on this team is going to do anything. They'll all suffer the same fate as Panarin. Who on this team even comes close to Wilson's size?

and then Wilson was whining to the officials that Blackwell should get a penalty