• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Tom Wilson Fined $5K for Roughing Buchnevich; Rangers Release Statement

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time I see that video(just showed it on NBCSN), how Parros can say there wasn’t enough evidence of hair pulling, is laughable. If Panarin was pushed his head would have snapped forward. But is head snapped BACKWARDS when he was going/pulled down. Pretty obvious to just about everyone else except Parros.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

As per Dreger on NBC, Rangers are facing significant punishment for the statement. Seems likely they will face a more severe fine and likely even more of a sanction for complaining Parros and Colin Campbell's Sideshow Bob act in addressing Wilson's thuggery than Wilson received for his thuggery itself.

While I didn't disagree with this statement, the Rangers could be facing some long term discrimination from the officials and these directors for a long time. That's what worries me the most going forward for the organization. We think the officiating for the Rangers is bad now? lol

While I didn't disagree with this statement, the Rangers could be facing some long term discrimination from the officials and these directors for a long time. That's what worries me the most going forward for the organization. We think the officiating for the Rangers is bad now? lol

As long as Colin Campbell is involved that's been a given for a very long time. ANd Dolan has never been on the same page with the NHL front office. He had a long-running lawsuit about keeping the Rangers' social media separate from the League's. He lost.

Now you know why JD and Gorton disagreed.

As long as Colin Campbell is involved that's been a given for a very long time. ANd Dolan has never been on the same page with the NHL front office. He had a long-running lawsuit about keeping the Rangers' social media separate from the League's. He lost.

Yes, I remember that. It was nice that Dolan was preoccupied with the Knicks for a few years, he hardly paid much attention here. I thought that lawsuit was such a joke too. Every sports team's website in all sports is associated with whichever league it's in. He's awful.

Now you know why JD and Gorton disagreed.

Heh. Truth.

It's a role that is designed to fail regardless of who is in it.

I would prefer to see them just set out a list of punishments for crimes with some leeway for severity and just stick to it rather than this stupid system they have now. There is no consistency which is the most maddening thing but there never will be unless its a department that isnt told what to do by GM's and Bettman.

Do what college football does. If someone goes for the head or hits a defenseless player, call targeting and chuck them from the game. A targeting penalty is an automatic major and triggers a review, of which the assessment is made public a-la Shanahan videos.

Nah, it's the "role." Everyone who's held the position, that played (so not Burke) has had thousands of PIMS in the league. They see all these guys as "uniquely qualified" to be the arbiter of Justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

its the guys who were on the receiving end of these incidents who should be heading the DoPS, not the ones who delivered the cheap stuff. It's like putting a madman in charge of a madhouse

• Like 1

its the guys who were on the receiving end of these incidents who should be heading the DoPS, not the ones who delivered the cheap stuff. It's like putting a madman in charge of a madhouse

Yup. You know who should be named Head of DoPS? Paul Kariya.